To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Enabled Scan Inside Archives - Java Applications

joe1847
joe1847 Posts: 10 Security Scout

Dear community,

to increase security we have enabled Scanning Inside Archives on our servers. After this step Java Application started to run very slow mainly on startup.

Can you please help me how to avoid slow Java performance? Is there some other way then to putting proccesses to exlusions?

Also I would like to ask you why Scanning Inside Archives is disabled in default configuration of F-Secure. Can you please provide me some details on this?

Thank you!

Comments

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 669 Firewall Master

For exactly that reason scanning inside archives is turned off by default and it is not recommended to turn on unless you have a suspicion.

The topic has been discussed in the forum various times.

Turning it on does not really add any security to your systems. contents of archives (and JAVA) get scanned when they get unpacked. But esp. on a server that is a very bad idea.

• joe1847
    joe1847 Posts: 10 Security Scout

Thank you for answer,

could you please provide me some official statement from F-Secure which I could show to my management? Or should I contact suppor directly for this?

Thank you! 

• Vad
    Vad Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello joe1847,

Yes, please, contact support.

Best regards,

Vad

This discussion has been closed.

Categories