To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Spyware not being quarantined?

SDavis
SDavis Posts: 8 Junior Protector

Hi, Everyone! 

My environment is:  F-Secure Policy Manager v13.11.84018, clients are F-Secure Client Security Standard, v13.10.215.

I get a fair amout of this kind of stuff:

Security alert: Spyware Alert!
Details: Spyware detected: Type: riskware Family: system Name: JS:Application.Redirects.B Object: C:\Users\Sarah Jean\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\hnjkhgdcdejelbjfnjegcohimelegbkd\6.4_0\js\popup\popup.js

System detects the Spyware, but does not quarantine it.  I believe it gives the user a pop-up dialogue with options, but have not been able to confirm that.

In the Policy Manager, Settings, Realtime Scanning - all options are set to Custom:  Quarantine Automatically.  (Both settings, both servers and workstations)

Should I look to some other component in the PM to change the behaviour?  Or set to the Spyware custom action to Remove..? 

Advice is appreciated.  This one has been annoying me for months across several clients!  Thanks very much!

Comments

• SDavis
    SDavis Posts: 8 Junior Protector

Dear Scott, Please call support.  Okay!

• Vad
    Vad Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello SDavis,

Could you, please, submit a sample for checking.

In some cases spyware/riskware can't be quarantined. But it's anyway blocked by our product.

Best regards,

Vad

This discussion has been closed.

Categories