To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Problem registering SRS with Policy Manager

jccervigon
jccervigon W/ Alumni Posts: 1 Security Scout

1. I have deployed SRS in a VMware environment, assign password for admin user, change network settings correctly, and register to policy manager.

2. But, in policy manager console, I don´t have SRS registered or pending.

3. Trying to re-register from SRS console, but with the same effect (correctly form SRS console, no results in policy manager)

4. I have created a "diagnostic package" from SRS console, and in the fsma.log from SRS appliance, I can see many lines with the message: "Mon Aug  6 14:28:01 2018: warning: The FSPMS (http://192.168.101.81:8080) could not be contacted (bpf)" and some lines with: "Mon Aug 6 14:28:00 2018: warning: The management key is invalid
Skipping base policy file: Have no public key, cannot verify base policy signature
Mon Aug 6 14:28:01 2018: warning: The management key is invalid

We have reviewed all steps and configurations, but we can not find anything to advance in the SRS registration. Could somebody help us?

Thanks and best regards

Comments

• Wrong forum section. This is Home security and Sense.

• A_Grinkevitch
    A_Grinkevitch W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Product Leadership Posts: 169 W/ Product Leadership

Hello jccervigon,

What are PM and SRS versions you are using? PM 13.00 had an issue, due to it Scanning and Reputation Server configuration hanged on downloading admin.pub (public key). Issue was fixed in PM 13.01. As you have error “Have no public key” that might be the reason.

Next, please check PM ports configuration. Are you sure that you specify correct PMS port? By default ports 80 and 443 are used for host connections, while 8080 is intended for Policy Manager Console connections.

If ports are ok, please provide the “Show current configuration” output from the Centralized management menu (SRS -> Configure centralized management -> Show current configuration)

Alexander

This discussion has been closed.