To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

F-Secure Anti-Virus & Spy Protection: Malfunction

Options
Teioch
Teioch MyAccount Posts: 1 Security Scout

Hello.

I recently reinstalled my computer, so everything is brand spankin' new here. (Except hardware ofc...). I installed version 9.10.

F-Secure seems to be unable to function properly for some reason I cannot really understand. When I open the F-Secure window, I get the status message "Your computer is not protected. Malfunction. Please restart your computer".

A restart makes no difference. This just happens again.

The logfile (LogFile.log) tells me that "The integrity of virus definition database update 2011-07-24_05 has been successfully verified", but then gives me a couple of inputs that say "No scanner engines loaded and enabled. Virus protection is disabled."

If I go to "Settings" > "Other settings" > Automatic updates, I see under "Details" that there is nothing specificed in "Policy manager" and "policy manager proxy". The only thing that "Policy manager" says is"http://". I don't know if this is default or at all relevant, but if I knew what was relevant for this problem I would probably have a better chance of fixing the problem... 

Other details are that I am using a stand-alone communication, and I've made sure that on "connection" I have "No HTTP Proxy" selected. I will mention that this was set as "Use my browser's HTTP proxy" before, but as my browser doesn't use a proxy it should make no difference. (Network status also states "connected".

Other details about my computer:

Windows 7 64-bit

Uses a local area network connection for internet. (Ie. no modem).

Comments

• Stephan
    Stephan W/ Alumni Posts: 26 Threat Terminator
    Options

Hi Teioch,

Could you please open a support ticket and attach a FSDIAG from your system?

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/business_global/support/contact

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
    Stephan

• lawser
    lawser MyAccount Posts: 4 Security Scout
    Options

Hi

I have the same problem as you Teioch. Did you manage to fix it and if so could you please let me know how?

• Siltanen
    Siltanen W/ Alumni Posts: 47 Digital Defender
    Options

Hello All,

We are aware of the problem and are currently investigating it. It seems to affect only a limited amount of users.

If it's possible could you take an FSDIAG.tar.gz diagnostics file from your computer, open a support ticket to us and attach the diagnostics file there?

How to gather FSDIAG.tar.gz diagnostics file: http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact/fsdiag

Contact support through our web form: http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact/request

I will let you know once I have more details available regarding this problem.

• Aisha
    Aisha MyAccount Posts: 3 Security Scout
    Options

I have the same problem. The F Secure icon has the cross on it and when I hover over it it says malfunction, but  when I open the programme it says my computer is protected and I can occasionally do scans and updates.

I cant use my Support Tool however, it says I need to insert a disc into the computer but its supposed to save the file onto my desktop. Its a bit strange.

• lawser
    Options

Hi,

I'm afraid I can't log in as an administrator so I can't produce the diagnostic file you asked for. Look as though I'll have to wait for your further details, but hope in the meantime my computer security is not at risk. Thanks

• keeg
    keeg MyAccount Posts: 1 Security Scout
    Options

Experiencing same problem,which started yesterday. Coincedentally, windows defender activated itself and there are three recent downloads in F-Secure which do not install.

• Aisha
    Options

I updated mine to F Secure 2011 and the malfunction cross is gone!

• Aisha
    Options

No wait its come back haha

• BJ66
    BJ66 MyAccount Posts: 1 Security Scout
    Options

The answer to the problem can be found at

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/article/kba/15626

Good Luck

• lawser
    Options

Tried the fix, but Wow6432Node wasn't on my list. I'm worried that I still have the problem and am considering ditching F-Secure for another security system. Does anyone know what is going on and whether there is any likelihood of a solution in the near future??

• doz123
    doz123 MyAccount Posts: 2 Security Scout
    Options

I contacted F-secure through the Chat option and they accessed my computer and did the fix for me, now it is OK.

• ITwizardnot
    ITwizardnot MyAccount Posts: 1 Security Scout
    Options

I'm still getting this problem too.  I have asked my IT manager at work to try and fix it for me.  I won't know until tomorrow if he has managed to do it.

• lawser
    Options

I did what doz123 did - many thanks - and mine was fixed remotely too!

• Sylvia
    Sylvia W/ Alumni Posts: 1 Security Scout
    Options
    same problem am making file
  • Ben
    Ben W/ Alumni Posts: 664 Cybercrime Crusader
    Options

Hello Sylvia,

This is a very old thread. Could you elaborate on the issue you are facing?

You may want to create a new thread as your problem is  most likely different than this old one.

This discussion has been closed.

Categories