How to update isolated F-secure Client
i'm trying to update a isolated client using below instructions
but when i execute "fspm-definitions-update-tool.bat" it just exists without doing anything.Please help
There are two methods you can perform reset automatic update engine on your isolated environment.
Option A: Follow these below steps which slightly modified, to prepare the tool with Policy Manager server and using it on a client with no internet connection/isolate:
1. On the machine with F-Secure Policy Manager, prepare the fspm-definitions-update tool by running this command in the command prompt: <F-Secure installation folder>\Management Server 5\prepare-fspm-definitions-update-tool.bat <destination folder>
2. Transfer the prepared binaries to a machine with internet connection
3. Run fspm-definitions-update-tool. It will create an f-secure-updates.zip file to the execution folder
4. Copy the fsaua-update.exe and f-secure-updates.zip to the client with no internet connection
5. Run fssaua-update.exe and refer to the folder where f-secure-updates.zip is located in. Example: fsaua-update.exe - s C:\folder\f-secure-updates.zip
Option B: If FSAUA reset does not help, you can also try with our standalone tool as below.
1. Download fsdbupdate9 from our homepage: https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/business_global/support/support-tools and save it in USB memory stick.
2. Take the usb memory stick to that workstation or server and run fsdbupdate9.exe, database updated.1
Thanks for your reply.My policy manger server runs on a linux machine(ubuntu).i created the fspm-definitions-update-tool using linux policy manager but when i tranfer and execute the tool on a machine which has a internet connection,tool just exists without creating anything.
Normally, the F-Secure Client secuirty is not being updated to F-Secure Policy Manager Console should be fixed if you perfomed the steps from my previous post.
If the issue not resolved, I would suggests you to try reset both F-Secure Automatic Update Agent (AUA) and F-Secure Automatic Update Server (AUS) database repositories on your Ubuntu machine.
Note: All steps require root privileges.
rm -rf /var/opt/f-secure/fsaua/data/content
rm -rf /var/opt/f-secure/fsaus/data/db
rm -rf /var/opt/f-secure/fsaus/data/misc
rm -f /var/opt/f-secure/fspms/logs/fspms-fsauasc.state
sudo -u fspms /opt/f-secure/fspms/bin/fsavupd
This will also force AUA to download again all database packages. After this, the same files are copied to the AUS repository.0