To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Ports used by PMC push installation?

hyvokar
hyvokar W/ Alumni Posts: 165 Junior Protector

Hi, 

which ports I need to open to get push installation working on a remote server?

Comments

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp W/ Alumni Posts: 669 Firewall Master
    As in a domain setup those ports are usually open I think you are in a small environment?!
    If so, you have no GPO to disable that and you need to go to each host anyway. Thus using an exported MSI-package is the faster option.

OTOH if you think about pushing an UPDATE to an already running F-Secure installation you better look into a policy based update. PUSH is only useful for first-time-rollout.
    M.
  • etomcat
    etomcat W/ Alumni Posts: 1,172 Firewall Master

Hello,

I think the FSCS version 14 .MSI-based distribution method is less practical then FSCS12/13 used to be, as keycode cannot be inserted. I think F-Secure should work on a method which creates a properly structured MSI file, without the need for end-user tweaking.

On the other hand, the Push-based method is difficult to authorize in the Windows 10 era: remote registry service must be running, admin$ network share must be available, classic sharing model must be enabled (these need a regedit), firewall ports must be open, user account password reqs must be met, etc.

Best regards: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

This discussion has been closed.