To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Question about features on PM

Arsjupiter
Arsjupiter Posts: 46 Security Scout

Hi F-Secure team !

i have some questions below would like to check with you, pls help

1. About device control

- Can we config the scan mode (quick scan or full scan) depend on the size of USB ?

for example, if the USB lower than 8Gb, the scan mode is quick scan, but if it has >8Gb the scan mode full scan will be use?

2. About web content control

- Could we config the time allow for the web access, for example with website A, we config that the client can't access to A from 8AM to 8PM, but in other time of the day they can access it ?

3. Does F-Secure can prevent again MD5 ? could you desciption to me how it work?

Thank you very much !

Comments

• Arsjupiter
    Arsjupiter Posts: 46 Security Scout

hi there, anyone help me in this case ??

• Vad
    Vad Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello Arsjupiter,

1. No, there is no tuning based on the device size in current versions.

2. No, we don't have such tuning in corporate products.

3. Not sure if i understand your question correctly. Blocking or whitelisting can be configured for SHA1 only. MD5 is not supported.

Best regards,

Vad

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 669 Firewall Master

While I vote against any automated scan (for reasons see this post: https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Business/Launch-Scan-After-Update/m-p/117431#M9207 ):
    Why does size of the stick matter if you do a full or a quick scan?

"If it likely takes too long to finish I would rather not care about security" seems to be a bad advise.
    and would you also ask to act differently when scaning via USB2 or USB3?
    What about scanning a Floppy? very small, but way slower than any USB-Stick?
    I think you know what I am up to....

• etomcat
    etomcat Posts: 1,172 Firewall Master

Hello,

> Why does size of the stick matter if you do a full or a quick scan?

There are modern pendrives, tiny ones, which are barely larger than size of the USB connector but have huge data storage capacities like 128 or 256GB. Those devices often overheat, because they don't have enough surface volume to dispose of the calories created by electrical resistance. They tend to shut down when a lot of prolonged activity takes place (e.g. reading out their entire content by an antivirus).

Best regards: Tamas Feher.

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 669 Firewall Master

As an attacker I would use a lage stick with hundrets of files and gigabytes to attack your company?! Any you would just not scan because anything beyond 4GB takes too long and heats the stick?

Would you enter a plane after security skipped 200 passengers just because there was a queue?

This does not sound like a good advise.

This discussion has been closed.

Categories