To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

F-secure on e-mail and server security premium running on Exchange 2013

RWK
RWK Posts: 1 Security Scout

Hello,

I have a question.  I can not find the manual for the Exchange F-secure anti virus software.

I want to white list a few domains that are being threated as SPAM. What is the syntax to whitelist a complete domain name ?

Thanks,

Roderick

syntax.png

Comments

• JamesC
    JamesC Staff, Moderator Posts: 543 W/ Moderator

Hi RWK

It appears you are using an older version of ESS.

Kindly be informed F-Secure Email and Server Security 11.x has reached end-of-life on 15th of June 2017. Kindly upgrade your F-Secure Email and Server Security to version the latest version, 12.12 and verify if the issue persists? You can download the latest version of F-Secure Email and Server Security here.

Note: If your F-Secure Email and Server Security is managed by Policy Manager, you need to have at least Policy Manager 13.x installed to manage the latest version of this product.

To add a trusted sender over the Policy Manager Console:

1. Open the Policy Manager Console and select F-Secure Antivirus for Microsoft Exchange (Advanced view).
    2. Go to Settings and select General.
    3. Go to Lists and Templates and select Match Lists.
    4. Press Add and enter the List Name, as Type select Email adresses.
    5. Under Filter add addresses, which should be defined as safe.
    6. Enter the appropriate e-mail address (or domain, e.g. *@abc.de).
    7. Go back to Settigns and select Transport Protection.
    8. Go to Inbound Mail and select Trusted Senders and Recipients.
    9. Select the List you just created.
    10. Distribute Policies.

To add a trusted sender using the Server Security F-Secure Web Console:

1. Connect to the F-Secure Web Console of the server you want to change settings on
    2. Select Email traffic scanning -> Incoming email from the menu on the left
    3. Go to the Other-tab
    4. Click New list to the right of List of trusted senders
    5. Give the list a name (and description)
    6. Add the trusted addresses in the Filter-field. Add only one entry per row. (whole domains can be added as *@example.com)
    7. Click OK to save the list
    8. Select the list from the drop-down menu next to List of trusted senders
    9. Save the new settings
  • Houdini
    Houdini Posts: 10 Security Scout

Hi Roderick,

Here is ESS guide https://help.f-secure.com/product.html#business/email-server-security/12.10/en/

I checked what there is a possibility to set filter like *domain.com and this will allow senders.

Note: The product checks the sender address from the SMTP message envelope, not from the message headers.

Also I noticed what your screenshots are from old ESS (before 12). Pls consider upgrading to ESS12.12.

This discussion has been closed.

Categories