To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Partner AV says that F-Secure Found Virus In What I Suspect Is A Clean Executable

hdesknewb
hdesknewb W/ Alumni Posts: 1 Security Scout

F-secure is telling me that one of the executables I'm trying to download is a virus.  I noticed there was an article saying that one of your components sometimes detects a false positive?  I called the company and they said they developed the software and there is no malicious code in it.  Can you please take a look at the software? The website with the download link is: derivesystems.helpjuice.com/sct-software/346005-downloads 

The direct download link to the file in question is here: az824306.vo.msecnd.net/software/SCTDeviceUpdater.exe 

EDIT: Removed suspicious hyperlink

Comments

• MonikaL
    MonikaL W/ Alumni Posts: 206 W/ Former Staff

Hi hdesknewb,

If you suspect that:

A clean file has been falsely detected as malicious, or;
    A file that is malicious but has not been detected by our software,
    You can submit the file to our labs for further investigation. To submit a sample file, go to Submit a Sample or browse to the following link: https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/submit-a-sample#sample-file
    Select the File Sample tab.
    Click Choose File, and attach your sample file.
    Tick the box I want to give more details about this sample and to be notified of the analysis results if you want to receive feedback from F-Secure Labs on the submitted file.

Note: Subject and description should be written in English.
    Verify that you are not a robot with reCAPTCHA.
    Click Submit sample file.

The sample submission is analyzed by our analysts and databases, and is updated if necessary.

Regards,

Monika

This discussion has been closed.