Can i get new policies to isolated cworkstations and how?
Can I import new policy (PM is latest version) manually to isolated workstations (windows 10, client security premium 14.22)?
This is because of corona situation, of course. I need to get the isolated workstations to start updating windows updates with software updater, since they are not in contact with our AD and WSUS.
If not prohibited, hosts will switch to internet in case PM is inaccessible
There is a way to update policies. To export the policy from Policy Manager Console (14.10 and newer) and take the policy into used on a remote host with Client Security 14.10 (or newer) installed, you need to do the following:
1. In Policy Manager Console, select the remote host under policy domain tree, and make the necessary change in the settings.
2. Distribute the policy.
3. Right click on the remote host, and select "Export policy file for 14.x host".
4. Save the file as "safe.S-1-5-18.base.cosmos"
5. Copy the file, safe.S-1-5-18.base.cosmos to the remote host with Client Security installed.
6. net stop fshoster
7. Backup and replace safe.S-1-5-18.base.cosmos in C:\ProgramData\F-Secure\COSMOS using the one you copied from PM server.
8. net start fshoster1
Thanks, I will try to make some script to make it bit easier to end users.0
Just to be clear: do I have to do that for every single workstation, or can I use one exported file to all workstations? I have same settings for about 400 workstation and I really donät want to export their own policy!0
You can use one file for all your workstations.