To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

[Solved] FSPMC - Software updater, "missing updates" pane suddenly empty

Options
Bgaard
Bgaard W/ Alumni Posts: 7 Security Scout
edited May 2020 in WithSecure Business Suite

Hi all,

New here... Anyone got an idea about this issue? 

Using PMS/PMC 14.41.90760 on a single 2012R2 server I wanted to check for missing updates on my clients. But the "missing updates" pane on the "Software updates" page is suddenly empty. 

Last week it was populated as it usually is. :-/

I can see warnings about missing updates on the PMC's "Summary view" page, both for domains and individual clients, and last scan was the daily scan yesterday. 

Checking random clients (FSCS Premium 14.21/14.22) shows missing updates on the clients.

The clients talk to the PMC and they get current definition updates (shown in client's update history and in PMC's "Centralized management")

Checking logs in ..\Management Server 5\logs\ shows that last successful entry in fspms-software-updater.log is less than an hour old. 

There are a bunch of Java errors in the fspms-webapp-errors.log, but the ones from today look identical to older errors from when the "missing updates" pane worked.

So far I've rebooted the server and then run a database maintenance job which went flawlessly. 

Then I reinstalled PMS/PMC, which didn't help either.

Event Viewer on the server is really pretty - no errors, only white info-events in Application and System logs.

And oh, no changes since last time I was logged on, not even a policy change.

The only other error I have had lately is that some updates were randomly declined in PMC. Never got to the bottom of that.

Comments

• JamesC
    JamesC W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 509 Moderator
    Options

Hi Bgaard

We just published the hotfix for this on our Policy Manager page here - https://www.f-secure.com/en/business/downloads/policy-manager

Can you please run the hotfix, and let us know if the issue persists ?

• Bgaard
    Bgaard W/ Alumni Posts: 7 Security Scout
    Options

Hi James,

Sorry, hadn't seen the dropdown hotfix menu :-/

The hotfix worked, PMC 14.41.90762 is populating the "missing updates" panes.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.