To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Come introduce yourself here!

Options
LiselotteP
LiselotteP W/ Staff, W/ Community Manager Posts: 271 Community Manager
edited August 2023 in Community Talk

Hello there!

Whether you've recently joined or you're a seasoned member, we're eager to learn more about you!

Let's break the ice with a quick introduction:

Where are you based?

What's your favorite food or hobby?

What's your superhero name?

Feel free to dive into these questions, or simply say "Hi!"

Comments

• Sethu Laks
    Sethu Laks W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 221 Moderator
    Options

Hello everyone!

My name is Sethuraman Lakshminarayanan (In short "Sethu") and I'm a technical support engineer based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Originally hailing from Puducherry, India, I took the leap 14 years ago to move abroad in pursuit of new challenges and experiences.

With a lifelong passion for technology paired with a desire to help others, I found my calling as a technical support engineer. I take pride in being able to solve even the toughest tech issues with finesse. Beyond work, I've wholeheartedly embraced Malaysia's vibrant culture and delicious cuisines. You'll often find me trying out new local eateries (nasi lemak is a favorite!), playing badminton or futsal, and exploring this amazing country.

As a problem-solver at heart, I aim to provide top-notch assistance to anyone in need. My goal is to combine technical expertise with genuine care to deliver the best possible customer experiences. Whether it's troubleshooting complex software issues or going the extra mile for client satisfaction, I'm always ready to lend a helping hand.

I look forward to sharing more of my tech knowledge and experiences through informative posts on this WithSecure community page. If you ever need tech support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out! I'm always happy to put my skills as a technical support engineer and community moderator to use for others.

Wish you all the very best. Stay positive. Keep shining your light. And remember to appreciate each breath along the way.

With hope for your happiness,
    Sethu
    Community Moderator | Technical Support Engineer
    WithSecure™ https://www.withsecure.com/en/home

• LiselotteP
    Options

@Sethu Laks , thank you so much for sharing! And for the inspirational quote at the end, it's always good to appreciate the 'moment present' as we say in French! ✨

Speaking of, my name is Liselotte, and I just moved to Finland after 14 years in France. My favorite food is chicken hot wings🌶️and my super hero name… mmm, Aurora!🌌

• MFCox
    MFCox W/ Member Posts: 3 Digital Defender
    Options

Hello, I'm Mark. I work at a small Scottish university where I inhereted the management of F-Secure products from my predecessor, 22 years ago! One of the first things I did was install Policy Manager and start managing the clients through that, just in time for it help me to deal with a fairly serious security incident. Now, decades later I am migrating our ~10k devices from Policy Manager to Elements EPP and EDR.

Being a small institution, members of my team have to wear many hats and spend most of their time on manging the Windows and Mac devices and deploying and supporting software on them. In the old days, threats were comparatively easy to deal with and concerted attacks were rare, so managing the Anti-Malware agents was relatively easy and my team spent only a small fraction of their time on it. Nowadays, of course, we are much more cautious and, although my team still manage the Anti-Malware agents, there is a seperate Security Team (four times the size of my team!) to monitor the alerts, spot trends and make recommendations for increasing security of our information systems, based on the data provided by WITHSecure Elements EPP and EDR and the soon to be retired Policy Manager systems.

Where are you based? - Scotland

What's your favorite food or hobby? - Food OR hobby? You make it sound like, because I work in an educational institution I can only afford one or the other! Favourite food: Kebab, Hobby: I keep chickens!

What's your superhero name? - Since I work in I.T. it would probably be "Oi, You!".

• LiselotteP
    edited August 2023
    Options

If you're hesitating on posting, hesitate no more! Every person that comments on this thread now gets a swanky new badge on their profile, and 2 points!

@MFCox - thank you for sticking with us for the last 22 years! In the Helsinki office, we call that 'being a dinosaur'🦕. You're absolutely right, cyber security has turned into a crazy and faced-paced world! Just yesterday I was talking to a friend about 'honeypots' and 'cookbooks' 🤯. Kebabs: yes please and pet chickens! How interesting, I just LOVE this! How many chickens do you have? What are their names?

• MFCox
    MFCox W/ Member Posts: 3 Digital Defender
    Options

I'm happy to be called a 'Dinosaur'! After working for so long in IT it seems appropriate and I like the idea of my presence striking fear into my younger colleagues.

The 15 chickens names are Hillary, Ginger, Athena, Pippa, Cleo, Rowan, Skye, Isla, Ailsa, Abigail, Josephine, Eleanor, Una, Morven and Finella. I don't mind discolsing this information because none of these names have been used as the basis for any passwords!