To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Seeking Feedback on Replacement for Old EPP Summary Report 

LiselotteP
LiselotteP Staff, Community Manager Posts: 411 Threat Terminator

We wanted to reach out to you regarding an important update regarding our reporting system.  

After careful consideration, we have decided to retire the old EPP summary report, recognizing its declining usage and limited information. In its place, we aim to introduce a new, customizable report providing a comprehensive overview of the overall value derived from WithSecure Elements.   

This decision is driven by technical complexities and the retirement of outdated system parts. While we acknowledge any inconvenience caused, we believe investing in a new customizable PDF report covering both EPP and EDR will better serve your long-term needs. 

How to find old EPP summary reports in Elements Security Center 

Example of EPP summary report

We understand that your input is crucial in shaping the new reporting system to best suit your requirements. Therefore, we invite you to share your thoughts and preferences regarding reporting in the comments section below this post.  

Here are a few questions to guide your feedback: 

• Are the customizable dashboards that can be created under "My Report" section sufficient for generating a monthly PDF report? 
  • Do you see a need for listing the top critical security updates (patches) installed, top infections blocked, or top incidents resolved in the new report? 
  • Would you prefer the report to focus more on the value delivered by WithSecure Elements, or on highlighting the problems that need to be addressed?  

Additionally, we want to remind you that you already have the option to receive email notifications containing lists of unprotected devices or infections based on saved views in device or security events. Simply navigate to the "Report" tab, select "Email Notification and Report," and add an email report by choosing the saved view as a template.  

Your feedback is invaluable to us as we strive to enhance your experience with WithSecure.   

Thank you for your continued support and collaboration.  

Best regards, 

The WithSecure Team 

Tagging @SergeH for visibility!

Comments

• RaHi
    RaHi Posts: 5 Junior Protector

See my comment in the idea: https://ideas.withsecure.com/ideas/WSPUB-I-327

Overall it would be nice to have a "negative security score" reporting i.e. "what needs to be done" view. So definitely highlighting the problems that need to be addressed. I might not be the average case as a provider, but the SMB and especially the S-side of the B does not care to see reports of things going well as they automatically assume they are since they are throwing money at me.

• I can see a need for listing the top critical security updates (patches) missing, top infections blocked, or top incidents in the new report?

• SergeH
    SergeH Staff Posts: 62 W/ Former Staff

@RaHi : Thanks for the feedback. I see the value of a negative report as encouraging someone to login the portal and fix the problem. Using My report in Elements Security Center, one can create its own report. It allows to create a "negative reports".
    We are planning improvement to My reports:
    - saving a my report view as an organization view: it allows to create different type of reports
    - Emailing My report as PDF: It allows to share it with selected customers.

My question is what are the main improvements you like to see in My reports to provide valuable "negative reports"? I have some in mind but would love your opinion.

• Xlogic
    Xlogic Member Posts: 1 Security Scout

Hello Lise

Firstly, I would like to express my gratitude for the opportunity to share my insights on the WithSecure product.

Here are some contributions and suggestions that I believe could add value to the platform:

1. Customization of Email Reports:
      • It would be interesting to allow users to customize more than one report template for email distribution, adapting them to the specific needs of each team or department.
    2. Manual Comments and Insights:
      • The ability to add comments before or after each widget, providing manual insights. Ideally, this function could be complemented by insights generated automatically through AI.
    3. Email Configuration:
      • It would be helpful if users could configure both the subject and body of the email accompanying the report, allowing for more personalized and effective communication.
    4. Flexible Scheduling:
      • In the scheduling option for report delivery, it would be advantageous to be able to choose the frequency (daily, weekly, or monthly) and set a specific time for delivery, providing greater control and convenience.
    5. Executive and Technical Reports:
      • Following the assertiveness of the reports exported in Vulnerability Management, it would be beneficial to have both an executive and a technical report for EPP/EDR, addressing the different needs of management and operations.
    6. Indicators of Protection Advancement:
      • In addition to analyzing advances in protection technology, it would be valuable to visualize progress in terms of solution effectiveness and identify areas that still require attention and correction.
    7. Outbreak Detection Report:
      • It would be a significant addition to have a specific outbreak detection report based on the analysis of global epidemics confronted with the user's security profile and environment detections.
    8. Configuration Suggestions:
      • A configuration suggestions report that provides recommendations for adjustments to console settings to enhance security profile would be a valuable tool for administrators.

I sincerely hope that these suggestions can contribute in some way to the continuous improvement of WithSecure. I am available to discuss any of these points in more detail if necessary.

Best regards,
    Jamson Borges
    Brazil

• RaHi

@SergeH thank you for your comment.

You have a good question in deed, but unfortunately my own vision is not that clear yet. For negative security report OR actions to take these things come to minds:

• Device security posture deviations —> i.e. the things that are not in the "green"
    • Missing (critical) updates —> patch coverage
    • Infections & incidents —> "close calls" and "fires"
    • Leaked or breached accounts, though this comes from ECP
    • Suspicious & untrusted software

• SergeH

@RaHi Thanks for the feedback

• SergeH

@Xlogic Thanks for the detailed request.
    I would like to answe on the different point you raised above:

1. We plan to do that using My report. You can create multiple view in my report with dashboards and descriptions, and then we will allow to select one view to email the custom report as a pdf. That should be coming out soon.

2.Adding a description after a widget has just been added. Letting AI to create a description is a good idea.

3. Configuring the subject of the email is possible as it will be taken from the report name. Configuring the content of the email is not part of initial release (but is part of our backlog)

4. Emailing daily, weekly or monthly with configurable day/time will be supported in first release

5. As you will be able to customize the report, and as there is multiple view you can create various type of report. However, we are thinking to provide a few ready system reports covering different use cases

Points 6, 7, 8: I agree but we will need to think how to best implement it.

• SergeH

Hello,
    We have just released the ability to send custom report as PDF:

Please let me know how it meets your needs.

• Roar Oddenes
    Roar Oddenes Member Posts: 1 Security Scout

Hi.

In addition to our thoughts posted at WithSecure idea portal: https://ideas.withsecure.com/ideas/WSPUB-I-938 we have 3 new wishes:

1. Monthly change. We have monthly review with our customers. In these meetings, it would have been very nice to be able to have reports showing changes from the previous month where relevant.

2. Turnover of units. How many/which units were removed and how many units were added in the selected period/month.

3. Licenses. Short info about how many licenses are in use/free.

• SergeH

@Roar Oddenes : Thanks, I have recorded the requests and I will see what we can do.

• RaHi

@SergeH thank you for the update. I tested the send PDF via email" using the custom templates, but the readability and clarity of the reports is frankly much worse than the one currently in EOL.
    The binary selection for data for instance in pie charts and their coloring is off putting. Just numbers or % would be clearer. Also regarding the negative security" or "actionable items" reporting, showing how many assets have things in order is against the philosophy. Regarding colors there is for example the "disk encryption status" metric and the colors are different shades of blues, which is not very usable for transferring the information to the reader.

• PyroNL
    PyroNL Member Posts: 3 Security Scout

Good day,

I have a question about the reports. It seems that some layout looks off. When i wanna change it too Pie it then looks a bit better.

In the screenshot like this one below. Looks off with its bar. Is this something that will be fixed in the future?

Kind regards,

Roy

• SergeH

Hello @PyroNL,
    We had some challenge with the lay out and I agree it should be fixed.
    The team is aware of it.
    Thanks for the feedback.

• LiselotteP
    LiselotteP Staff, Community Manager Posts: 411 Threat Terminator

Linking this here, as its related: With Secure Endpoint Protection Summary Report

• Quincy
    Quincy Member Posts: 4 Security Scout

Good day

The With Secure Endpoint Protection Summary Report forms part of the monthly report pack submitted to our clients.

The report is core to the report pack.

Please urgently advise how we obtain the report.

Regards

Quinton Rosen

IT Manager

• SergeH
    edited August 6

Hello @Quincy,
    We have a new customizable pdf report available as described here Elements Endpoint Protection Portal Changelog

Please let us know how it fits your needs.

Kind regards, Serge

• Quincy
    Quincy Member Posts: 4 Security Scout
    edited August 8

Hello Serge

I require extended assistance with creating the report as the guidelines offered are not very detailed.

I am unable to access Confluence

*Image removed, PII.

• SergeH

Hi @Quincy ,
    It seems a screenshot was not properly copied in the changelog of week 24 (June 5). I suspect it caused the problem.
    I fixed it and slightly clarified the explanations.

• benyeh
    benyeh Member Posts: 5 Junior Protector
    edited August 19

Hi @SergeH ,

My suggestion is:

1. The reporting system needs to be able to customize the report time interval and provide the report content within this interval.
      For example: The report for August will contain statistical data (including numbers and charts) from January 1 to 31, security events in that time period, and the results of statistics and analysis.
    2. The recommended time intervals include daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, yearly and other options.
      If it is weekly, it should be reported from Sunday to Saturday;
      If it is monthly, it should be the first day of each month as the start and the report for the entire month;
      And so on.
    3. The report format is recommended to support PDF, Excel (csv), and Html.
      If you can provide recommended configurations, operational guidance, or relevant technical analysis, the value will be even greater.

Ben Yeh

• RaHi

@LiselotteP is there anything new on this?
    The current option available is not fitting to our needs compared to the discontinued report. Is there an option to have numbers or percentages instead of bars and pies?

• SeamusM
    SeamusM Staff, Product Leadership Posts: 1 W/ Product Leadership

Hi @RaHi,

Thanks for sharing this feedback about the new report, this is a request we have also heard from other customers.

While we don’t have a specific timeline for the fix yet, we are working to address it as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience and will keep you informed of any progress

Categories