To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

fsaua-update_32.exe doesn't work

vince38
vince38 Member Posts: 2 Security Scout

Hello,
with F-secure 15.30, I used fspm-definitions-update-tool to download the updates and I installed them offline with fsaua-update.exe. This worked very well.
Since migrating to WithSecure 16.01, I've been using the new version of fspm-definitions-update-tool, which also works well.
However, the new fsaua-update_32.exe gives the following error:
"Unzipping archive into temporary folder: C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\2\fs930819060.tmp
ERROR: Update archive file is broken"
I've tested the archive and it's not broken.
Can you help me?
Thank you.

Comments

• Sethu Laks
    Sethu Laks Staff, Moderator Posts: 272 W/ Moderator

Hi @vince38

Thank you for reaching out the WithSecure Community,

Could I ask you to go through the following steps one by one to see if they resolve the issue?

1. Verify the Archive File:

Even though you’ve tested the archive, it’s worth double-checking:

• Use file withsecure-updates.zip for versions 16.x and newer, f-secure-updates.zip for version PM 15.x.
    • Ensure the archive is not corrupted by downloading it again.
    • Use a different tool to unzip the archive to confirm its integrity.

2. Run as Administrator:

Make sure you are running fsaua-update_32.exe with administrative privileges:

• Right-click on fsaua-update_32.exe and select “Run as administrator”.

3. Clear Temporary Files:

Sometimes, temporary files can cause issues:

• Delete the contents of the C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ folder.
    • Try running the update tool again.

4. Use the FSAUA Reset Tool:

The FSAUA reset tool can help clear any issues with the automatic update agent:

In addition, we have recently released the newer version of Policy Manager 16.03 which includes potential fix and improvement. You can try upgrade to latest version of PM 16.03 and check again.

• vince38
    vince38 Member Posts: 2 Security Scout

Hello,

I did the 4 steps indicated.

I also installed the 16.03 update and re-run prepare-fspm-definitions-update-tool.bat.

But the problem persists.

• Sethu Laks
    Sethu Laks Staff, Moderator Posts: 272 W/ Moderator

Hi @vince38

Sorry to hear the issue persists despite following all the suggested steps. It's difficult to determine the cause without reviewing the wsdiag logs. In this case, we recommend submitting a support ticket along with the wsdiag logs for further assistance.

Categories