To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Stuck before even started

Options
AlanD
AlanD MyAccount Posts: 2 Security Scout

Hi guys,

Just bought F-Secure Business Suite to replace our old McAfee ePO but i'm kinda stuck. On our old system all i did was to install the server side executable and it would remotely install the clients to workstations and servers. Here i have several products (Anti-Virus for Workstations, Client Security, Policy Manager, E-mail and Server Security, Server Security) and i have no idea what to install where. My network consists of workstations, laptops and servers (no email server though)

Tried to find a how-to guide, but was unsuccessful, so any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan

Comments

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp W/ Alumni Posts: 669 Firewall Master
    Options

Hi,

what about reading the manual first?

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/business_global/support/downloads/-/carousel/view/78#

on page 16 of the PM Admin Guide:

Install PM (PMS and PMC)

Import "F-Secure Client Security" and "F-Secure Server Security" JARs

push install them to your hosts and servers

Do not forget to install Server Security to the server thet runs the PM too!!

Thats it.

• suntattood
    suntattood MyAccount Posts: 14 Security Scout
    Options

The manual is actually includes the how-to-guide regarding the unit you purchased. It should help you with all your questions. image

• AlanD
    AlanD MyAccount Posts: 2 Security Scout
    Options

Many thanks guys Smiley Happy

This discussion has been closed.