To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Broken FSAV Linux installation

Options
KultisJeppe
KultisJeppe W/ Alumni Posts: 16 Security Scout

While installing a new system, I just ran the FSAV install (f-secure-linux-security-9.20.2520)  without any parameters. I didn't think anything more of it until it failed because of lack of kernel headers. I installed the kernel-devel package and retried with the appropriate parameters, but the install failed complaining that /opt/f-secure/fsav/fsav-config could not be found. Much to my surprise, no binaries could be found at all in the install folder, but it seems I cannot re-install it either. 

I tried removing the entire folder, hoping it would reset the installation procedure, but everytime I start the installation now it still complains of the lack of said configuration file.

[$]› sudo ./f-secure-linux-security-9.20.2520 --auto managed fspms=http://localhost/ locallogin user=itsupport pass=ourpassword keycode=our-key-code nofirewall adminkey=/path/to/our/admin.pub
[sudo] password for kultisjeppe: 
F-Secure Linux Security installation
Copyright (c) 1999-2008 F-Secure Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

Preparing...

./product-setup: line 779: /opt/f-secure/fsav/fsav-config: No such file or directory

I've edited the usernames, password, keycode, and keypath so as to keep them private.

It seems it's fully relying on that config script to finish the job. Is there some way I can do a full reset of this and completely reinstall it?

Comments

• KultisJeppe
    Options

Nevermind, seems there were some configurations in /etc/opt that needed to be removed. =)

• Peter
    Peter W/ Alumni Posts: 127 Threat Terminator
    Options

Hi,

As a friendly reminder, the Linux Security pre-installation checklist is also available and installing the pre-requisite packages (like gcc, kernel headers etc) should help you avoid similar errors.

• KultisJeppe
    Options

Yeah, seems this is still an issue. Thanks Peter for the kind advice, I did have a look at that and it seems the headers were missing. However, I still can't seem to get things to work. The PMS was working alright, but it kept giving alerts about FSAV (on the same machine) not being properly registered ("EVALUATION PERIOD HAS EXPIRED") which also meant that the FSPMS didn't get any new virus definitions.

So I tried to us fsav-config to give the key we have for F-Secure Linux Security. Turns out, fsav-config didn't even exist on the machine. Only some logs and libs were left in /opt/f-secure/fsav. I assumed that meant the install either never went through or then that I had removed the install by mistake somehow. I downloaded the F-Secure Linux Security -tarball, extracted it and ran the f-secure-linux-security-9.20.2520 -script. This only resulted in the same error message as before: 

./product-setup: line 779: /opt/f-secure/fsav/fsav-config: No such file or directory

This was getting me nowhere, so I made a copy of the file, removed the shell script and extracted the bundled tgz. Inside it I found a bunch of RPMs. I installed the Linux Security one with rpm -i and it seemed to work. I now had a full setup of files in /opt/f-secure/fsav. I then proceded to use fsav-config to configure the installation and give the key. This time I got a bunch of errors from the script. It basically flooded my terminal with this:

Configuring.....Can't load '/opt/f-secure/common/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/i686-linux/fsma.so' for module fsma: libfsmaapi.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at /opt/f-secure/common/perl/lib/5.8.8/i686-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
     at /opt/f-secure/common/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/fsma.pm line 7
    Compilation failed in require.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
    Can't load '/opt/f-secure/common/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/i686-linux/fsma.so' for module fsma: libfsmaapi.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at /opt/f-secure/common/perl/lib/5.8.8/i686-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
    Can't load '/opt/f-secure/common/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/i686-linux/fsma.so' for module fsma: libfsmaapi.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at /opt/f-secure/common/perl/lib/5.8.8/i686-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 230.

After that flood, it carried on a bit with this:

dlopen libfsmaapi.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory  /opt/f-secure/fsav/lib/libfsmgmt.2.so
    FATAL: management initialization failed!
    dlopen libfsmaapi.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory  /opt/f-secure/fsav/lib/libfsmgmt.2.so

After which, it asked for my keycode. If I entered the keycode, it only repeated those errors. If I left the prompt empty and just pressed enter I got this:

No keycode entered.
    You can later upgrade the product to fully licensed by running
    /opt/f-secure/fsav/sbin/convert_to_full_installation.sh
    Checking installation type...
      ERROR IN DETERMINING LICENSE TYPE

Configuring..cp: cannot stat `/var//opt/f-secure/common/postgresql/data/postgresql.conf': No such file or directory

I answered the questions asked at this point and the script compiled the dazuko and redirfs drivers. After a bunch of more libfsmaapi.so errors, the installation was "completed successfully". Then I was informed that I should run the same script again in order to configure the client. 

I discovered that when I run fsav-config, if I gave any parameters (like managed fspms=http://localhost) the script would do a cleanup and just uninstall all the relevant RPMs, leaving me, again, with a near-empty fsav -directory. 

There's clearly something wrong with the installation, but I checked that the files that were mentioned in the installation existed and were at their designated places. I checked the log for the obvious errors, but I can't find anything. I've tried uninstalling everything except the FSPMS, but I just keep running into the same errors. 

Are there any instructions on doing a full cleanup and then checking the necessary files are in the necessary places? Is there any chance the Linux Security -tarball is flawed?

• Peter
    Peter W/ Alumni Posts: 127 Threat Terminator
    Options

Hi,

I still understand this to be a problem with missing packages, so I'd start investigation by establishing what the Linux distribution is, what the kernel version is and what packages are installed and compare this with the pre-installation checklist. To find a solution as swiftly as possible, could you please create a support ticket and include the fsdiag file with the request? After that, we should have you "up and running" in no time :)

To create the fsdiag, execute:

# /opt/f-secure/fsav/bin/fsdiag

• KultisJeppe
    Options

I made the ticket now, but for the sake of future reference, I can tell you the Linux Distro is a RHEL 6 and it's running on the kernel 2.6.32-279.14.1.el6.x86_64.

Afaik the list of packages that should be installed prior to installing are: gcc glibc-devel glibc-headers kernel-devel make perl patch

These are all installed.

Setting up Install Process
    Package gcc-4.4.7-3.el6.x86_64 already installed and latest version
    Package glibc-devel-2.12-1.107.el6.x86_64 already installed and latest version
    Package glibc-headers-2.12-1.107.el6.x86_64 already installed and latest version
    Package kernel-devel-2.6.32-358.0.1.el6.x86_64 already installed and latest version
    Package 1:make-3.81-20.el6.x86_64 already installed and latest version
    Package 4:perl-5.10.1-129.el6.x86_64 already installed and latest version
    Package patch-2.6-6.el6.x86_64 already installed and latest version
    Nothing to do

This discussion has been closed.

Categories