To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Client Security 9.32: Error (3)

hb
hb Posts: 6 Security Scout

Hey Guys,

All of sudden this afternoon all of my clients started alerting with Error Code 3. 

An error occurred while scanning ....\DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME1\ (pick you folder\item of choice)

And i receieved 10,000 emails.

after turning off email alerts, not sure what permissions to check as nothing has changed on my end??

Comments

• dd4av
    dd4av Posts: 3 Security Scout

I have been receiving the same errors from my AV for Windows Servers 9.00 Build 333.

Except that it is showing Volume3 vs Volume1 

An error occurred while scanning ....\DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME3\ (pick you folder\item of choice)

They started about 22:47 EST and are continuing.

• hb

Yeah I have also had some on HARDDISKVOLUME2 as well

• dd4av

I am a business customer and have tried to contact support that is listed as the 24 hour number and it says they are closed and that I need to get a new phone number. I have been a customer with F-Secure since 2000 and never have I had them not respond.

Not sure if it is a fluke, but not happy if it is a permanent change.

• AWAG
    AWAG Posts: 1 Security Scout

Hey there

We have the same error in our company. Not exactly every client has this error, but many. It got better now but still receiving some errors from time to time. Had over 700 e-mails in my folder when i started working today.

• johan65
    johan65 Posts: 18 Security Scout

I have the same experiences too. And I have sent it to F-Secure support as well, now waiting for their answer.

• luis_fsec
    luis_fsec Posts: 1 Security Scout

Hi guys,

same errors from AV for Windows Servers 9.00 Build 333.

Are affected all servers Windows 2008 R2

They started about 04:11 AM CET (and are continuing....).

Product: F-Secure Anti-Virus Severity: error (3) Message: An error occurred while scanning \DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME........\......

• jopal
    jopal Posts: 3 Security Scout

Hello,

i just want to confirm, we have the same problem here with several servers running Antivirus for Windows Servers 9.00 with all hotfixes installed.

The errors started at 04:50 AM CET after automatic installation of an update:

[ 8552]Wed Nov 07 04:54:12 2012(3):  Downloaded 'F-Secure Hydra Update 2012-11-06_01' - 'hydrawin' version '1352186615' from xxxxxxxxxxxxx, 9379234 bytes (download size 2655313 bytes)

The message seems to be generated by real time scan when the system accesses a specific file (different files are affected on different servers).

For example, we have a service, that updates its configuration file every minute, and so every minute the message is generated. But not on all servers.

Regards

• PeteN
    PeteN Posts: 1 Security Scout

Hi!

Same here with the error messages.  Have got today like 3426 error message emails from PM!

We have windows server 2003 and some xp and some windows 7 clients.

• hewtac
    hewtac Posts: 10 Security Scout

Hello all,

First of all we'd like to apologise for not responding earlier; we first heard about this issue a few hours back, and have been working hard on fixing the issue, that we didn't check the Community for other reports. What we know thus far:

- The issue first started with update "F-Secure Hydra Update 2012-11-06_01"

- Scanning errors are reported for folders

- The error is cosmetic in nature; the Hydra engine only scans files, not folders.

- These alerts are of type "error". By default, Policy Manager (PM) alert forwarding does not forward them to PM or Email.

- [workaround] For those who are getting flooded with PM or email alerts, as a workaround please re-configure your alert forwarding table to disable PM and email alerts for type "error".

- [good news] We have a possible fix ready, which is currently being tested internally. Once test results are positive, we'll distribute it as an automatic update; we're hoping to release this soon.

We'll keep this thread updated on the status of the fix.

• hewtac

Hi dd4av,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Our support numbers are listed below, which number did you dial?

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/business_global/support/contact/call-f-secure-support

Alternatively you can create a ticket with us directly:

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/business_global/support/contact/request

• Pettson
    Pettson Posts: 2 Security Scout

This apparently have effect on FSAV 9.20 E-mail & Server Security and the older 9.00 too.

Did believe that it was something other first like bad sectors on HDD's after getting the mail notification for 6 h every other minute...

• Peter
    Peter Posts: 127 Threat Terminator

Confirmed: all clients using the Hydra engine on Windows platform seem affected. Fix is work in progress, hopefully released to production soon.  More updates to follow....

• Quarlton
    Quarlton Posts: 2 Security Scout

Hi all,

problem report

fs policy manager server 10.01

fs client security 9.32

error: 

\DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME2

\DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME3

I have receive 50 000 alerts

There is a patch or un update to download ?

==> After the response of your post: waiting for the updates

thks

• hb

Thank you for the prompt Fix!

• dd4av

Tack,

When I called the 888-432-8233 number that I have called many times before. The normal prompt is to press 4 then 1, but this time I was unable to get through multiple times. As a matter of record I called it at least 6 times to see if the message was the same every time. The message that I got at approximately 12:00 am EST stated that F-Secure was closed and if I was a Gold partner or a premium customer I should call the other number that I was given as such a member.

I have been in contact with my reseller and she is also very concerned about this due to the fact that if this was a virus attack or a more urgent need there was clearly no way to reach F-Secure. Our company has used F-Secure since approximately the year 2000 and have never run into this situation before.

• hewtac

Hello again dd4av,

I sent you a PM; if you can share your contact and licence details over PM, we'll help to check on this matter for you. In the meantime I hope you have received the fix via our update channel.

This discussion has been closed.

Categories