To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

virus definitions update correcty, monitoring claims "very old"

Options
theSeppala
theSeppala W/ Alumni Posts: 2 Security Scout

Hi all,

I'm seeing a weird issue.. I have a bunch of servers that all have F-Secure PSB Server security installed. All of them download virus definitions and updates correctly, logs show successful download after another. All of the servers show to have newest virus definitions installed. One of the servers, however, shows falsely to have "very old" virus definitions on the administration website, under automatic updates. For some reason this one server cannot report to web config correctly, that is has the newest definitions installed. Everything else seems to work fine, website says last connection was made 30 min ago (from this post), but status updated: 4/17/13 3:37 PM.

Software on the server here (and do keep in mind, i have this same software on bunch of other servers working perfectly):

F-Secure PSB Server Security 9.00 build 198

F-Secure Anti-Virus 9.20 build 16050
F-Secure Automatic Update Agent 8.25 build 4196
F-Secure Management Agent 8.20 build 40065
F-Secure Web UI 1.16 build 356

Any ideas? Not a major issue, ofc, since the virus definitions are installed, but I would love to have "all green" status..

Comments

• Costas-Inter
    Costas-Inter W/ Alumni Posts: 36 Security Scout
    Options

Hello

Step 1 - Send a 'Send full status update' command to the server via the PSB portal

Step 2 - To speed up process, on the local UI of the server 'check for updates' manually

Step 3 - Wait for up to 1 or 2 hours. The server should report back to portal correct information.

Costas

• theSeppala
    theSeppala W/ Alumni Posts: 2 Security Scout
    Options

I did the steps on tuesday and nothing happened until thusday morning. Virus definitions were downloaded and updated and server says: Last connection: 5/30/13 10:19 AM, Status updated: 5/30/13 5:41 AM

But not all is good. In PSB portal under Computers, "Operations" tab says this server has 1 in progress and nothing in the Detailed result.. This leads me to think that the full status update I requested has not been processed correctly. There seems to be communication error between the server and PSB server, causing the issue with virus definitions not being downloaded regularly. This is weird, because the server is running smoothly in every way (other than not receiving virus definitions when scheduled), so it can't be a simple check the cable type of issue.

• Costas-Inter
    Costas-Inter W/ Alumni Posts: 36 Security Scout
    Options

I suggest you open a case with support.

I think it has something to do with feedback information processed by PSB portal. Something must have stuck in queue.

Costas

This discussion has been closed.

Categories