To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Moving from Email and Server Security to Server Security using PMS/PMC?

Options
Popeye
Popeye W/ Alumni Posts: 32 Security Scout

Hi there.

Is it possible to migrate servers from Email and Server Security (10.00) to Server Security (10.01) using PMS/PMC? These are considered different families by the PMS/PMC, so it is not possible to do a simple upgrade from ESS 10.00 to SS 10.01.

We have a handfull of servers that run ESS but should be running SS, and I don't want to go through the hassle of manually install SS on these servers. I know it can be done by logging in using RDP and install SS 10.01. This would uninstall ESS 10.00 in the process, but I don't have the admin password for the servers, so getting RDP access could be a pain in the *ss. If I could get the job done using PMS/PMC, it's just a matter of finding the right time and pushing the SS migration to the servers in question.

So... Can I do a policy based uninstall of ESS followed by a fresh install of SS, or do I cut all life lines between PMS/PMC and the servers when uninstalling ESS? Any other way of getting the job done without access to the server consoles?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.

Categories