To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Cannot Install Virus Definition completely and show 2008_03_24 on Management Console

Options
MichaelYou
MichaelYou W/ Alumni Posts: 14 Security Scout

Dear Sir :

PMS Server & Management Console : v10.10.44982

Client Security : v9.32.b112/9.20.b682/8.01.b207

Problem : Status -->  Automatic Updates --> Virus definitions updated cloumn (show "Unknown or Blank")

and I see "Download" section : Available packages is 9 items ,but Installed packages only 2 or 4 items.

I am tried to :

1. use Uninstall tool to remove Client Security and reboot,Reinstall but problem exist.

2. use reset-fsaua utility to clean FSAUA\Content Directory and re-download virus definistions from PMS Server.But problem exist.

How can I do ?

* I am very sure the client's network communication with server is OK (TCP 80)

2.png

1.png

Comments

• etomcat
    etomcat W/ Alumni Posts: 1,172 Firewall Master
    Options

Hello,

> F-Secure Client Security : v9.32.b112

You probably need to distribute the hotfix for this very old version to continue working. See:

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/business_global/support/downloads/-/carousel/view/73/9.x

Anyhow, F-Secure version 9 is ancient and offers comparatively little protection even when it works correctly. There is a good reason F-Secure 10 and 11 have been developed!

Best Regards: Tamas Feher from Hungary.

• MichaelYou
    MichaelYou W/ Alumni Posts: 14 Security Scout
    Options

Hello! Thanks for reply. It's mean that I need to install hotfix for my all of client using 9.32 build 122 from below picture  and I can resolve this problem? 3.png

• Ben
    Ben W/ Alumni Posts: 664 Cybercrime Crusader
    Options

Hello MichaelYou,

The mentioned hotfix should help to your problem. However as Tamas stated using the latest (10 or 11) would be a preferred solution.

This discussion has been closed.

Categories