To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Policy Manager 11.10

Options
joanncae
joanncae W/ Alumni Posts: 3 Security Scout

Hi There,

I've just installed FSecure Policy Manager on our new 2012 Server and I'm trying to locate the following file:

fspms-migrator-launcher.exe

As I'm trying to migrate from an old server.  The admin guide states that this file should be in the following location:

<F-Secure>\Management Server 5\bin\

But it doesnt seem to be there.  Could you please tell me where it can be or does it not install if I'm doing a fresh install? Our old server is running Policy Manager 10.10.

Thanks,

Comments

• Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader
    Options

Hello joanncae,

Please, use fspms-migration-wizard.exe. It's located in the same folder <F-Secure>\Management Server 5\bin\

Best regards,

Vad

• SeanV
    SeanV W/ Alumni Posts: 19 Cyber Knight
    Options

Dear Joanncae,

We would like to follow up, that have you found the fspms-migrator-launcher.exe?

Please feel free to contact us again should you need further assistance.

Thanks.
    Best Regards,
    Sean Veloo

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

• joanncae
    Options

Hi Vad and SeanV,

Unfortunately, I dont seem to have that tool in the bin folder.  The only files in the bin folder are as follows:

fsauagui.exe
    fsaua_api_dll.dll
    fsmsmonitor.exe
    fspms-auaapi.dll
    fspmsservice.exe
    reset-admin-account.bat

Is it located somewhere else or am installing the wrong product?

Thanks,

• JuliaR
    JuliaR W/ Alumni Posts: 4 Security Scout
    Options

Hello Joanncae,

This migration wizard was used for migrating data from PM 9. We don't support PM 9 any more and this file was excluded from PM 11.10. If your previous version of PM is 10.10 you should migrate data next way:

1) Export management keys from old PM by PM Console (Tools->Keys)

2) Stop old PM Server

3) Backup old H2DB folder (..\F-Secure\Management Server 5\data\h2db )

4) Install PM 11.10 to the new server

5) Stop new PM Server

6) Delete H2DB folder on new server

7) Copy H2DB folder to the new server from old PM H2DB backup

8) Start  new PM Server

9) Replace management keys in new PM Console by old management keys

Regards,

Julia

• joanncae
    Options

Hi Julia,

Thank for you this - I have now have the structure and hosts exported to the new server.  Can I please ask you one more question - How do I now get all my clients to talk to the new server, instead of the old server?

Many thanks,

Joanncae.

• Ben
    Ben W/ Alumni Posts: 664 Cybercrime Crusader
    Options

Hello Joanncae,

In order to direct the clients towards the new server you can follow the instrcutions in Siltanen's post on  this thread:

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Management/i-need-to-move-policy-manager-to/m-p/13961#M476

You can pick up the instructions from "Now here's the tricky part:

1. Create a policy on the new server (from policy domain root level) that points to the new server address. (F-Secure Management Agent -> Settings -> Communications -> Protocols -> HTTP -> Management Server Address) NOTE! Please make sure that the address is correctly written in including the host module port number and distribute the policy.

2. Create a policy on the old server (from policy domain root level) that points to the new server address. (F-Secure Management Agent -> Settings -> Communications -> Protocols -> HTTP -> Management Server Address) NOTE! Please make sure that the address is correctly written in including the host module port number and distribute the policy.

3. On the new server untick and retick some management agent setting from policy domain root level (for example the final setting on F-Secure Management Agent -> Settings -> Communications -> Protocols -> HTTP -> Management Server Address). Make sure you just untick it once and then retick it so that the distribute policies becomes active, but no actual settings are changed at this point anymore. Distribute policies.

Now all of the clients should have a policy which will tell them to go to the new Policy Manager server. Once they reach the new policy manager server, they'll get a new policy from there in due time with a greater policy file counter number and shouldn't fall back to the old server anymore. The only problem with this solution is that there's always some computers that are not connected to the network/not turned on during the time you do the change so you might want to keep the old server running for a while until all the clients have been moved to the new server. Otherwise you'll have to reinstall those clients manually."

Thank you

• sa
    sa W/ Alumni Posts: 2 Security Scout
    Options

hi ,

always having problem on pms..when clicking any tab in the setting always promt at the below icon wating for the server...can i know why it is happends.

TQ

SA

• Ben
    Ben W/ Alumni Posts: 664 Cybercrime Crusader
    Options

Hello Sa,

Are the tabs displayed normally  after a while or not at all when the message "waiting for the server" appears?

You might want to check(or restart) the F-secure services on Policy Manager Server.

The status monitor might also help you to find the what is going on.

It can be found under F-secure\Management Server 5\bin\fsmsmonitor.

Finally that could also come from insufficient or low resources on the PMS.

Could you give us some more details on your environment and the conditions of your problem?

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.

Categories