To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

CS Restarting

Options
boboboi
boboboi W/ Alumni Posts: 12 Security Scout

Hello

I'm dead because something horrible happening with users' computers, that is CS doing automatic restart after update without any single notification.

What thing do I need to change on the policy manager console?

Comments

• Siltanen
    Siltanen W/ Alumni Posts: 47 Digital Defender
    Options

Hello boboboi,

You cannot change anything afterwards. The clients you've already started upgrading with the settings to restart automatically, will do so (unless you cancel the upgrade process, which is most likely already done at this stage.)

This is a one-time setting you need to choose when either exporting the installation package, or prepare it for the upgrade (when you start the upgrade process), the options for selecting the reboot are presented in the (export) wizard at the very end.

You have the option to choose from automatic reboot, a certain timeframe, or let the end-user decide when to reboot.

• boboboi
    Options

okay now another issue happened that when CS found a virus , it did automatic restart in oder to complete the removal process, it  should not be like that. I want to stop that from happening

• Siltanen
    Siltanen W/ Alumni Posts: 47 Digital Defender
    Options

Reboot will happen if the infection is considered as being "system wide infection." There's no way to prevent the reboot.

However, this really only happens if the offending file is located in for example Windows installation directory.

• boboboi
    Options

yes before the restart it said something related to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

i dont know but the new version of CS (11.5.309) become so aggressive.

• Chrissy
    Chrissy W/ Alumni Posts: 40 Digital Defender
    Options
    Hi boboboi,

Just wondering if you received any resolution to your problem, or is this still happening? Please let us know the situation.
  • bonbonboi
    bonbonboi W/ Alumni Posts: 1 Security Scout
    Options

I had to change some settings in the policy plus I disabled the protectuon for C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts,

This discussion has been closed.

Categories