To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Blocking Installs

Options
wackybeast
wackybeast W/ Alumni Posts: 2 Security Scout

HI I have taken over a site that is running f-Secure and never used it before

I am running policy Console version 11 and have had a request from a developer.

a client creates a file for us that is constantly changing we download this file and install it on our machines we know the file is ok yet F-Secure doesnt like the file.

i do not want to get signature checked for the file as i will be doing it all the time

I have stoped F-secure deleting the file when i download it by adding download folder to be excluded but when i try to install the file the scanner picks up the temp files from the installer and deletes them before it can complete the install.

How do i stop this happening, I added the original setup.exe to the excluded items but this doesnt help when the files are extracted for the install

Comments

• Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader
    Options

Hello wackybeast,

There is a possibility to exclude processes from Real Time scanning. This should help in your case. Try to exclude setup.exe.

Best regards,

Vad

• SeanV
    SeanV W/ Alumni Posts: 19 Cyber Knight
    Options

Dear Wackybeast,

With regards to your issue, we would like to follow up whether the issue remains unsolved or you have managed to solve it.

Please feel free to contact us again should you need further assistance.

Thanks.
    Best Regards,
    Sean Veloo

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

This discussion has been closed.

Categories