To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

NT domain not showing up

jhc_dk
jhc_dk Posts: 9 Cyber Knight

When I do an "autodiscover windows hosts", i'm missing a subdomain, that used to be there.

I have a forest with 6 subdomains. The forest domain and the 5 subdomains are showing fine, but the last subdomain has disappeared.

I recently replaced 2 DCs running win2003 with 2 new DCs running win2008R2 in the domain that is missing. So that obvisously has something to do with it. The F-secure policy manager console (v10.x) is installed on a member server (win2008R2) in the root domain, and simply seems unable to pull any data on clients in the subdomain. Is there a file somewhere that needs to be edited or how does this work?  I tried reinstalling f-secure manager, but the subdomain is still missing.

I am able to ping and resolve DNS adresses on said domain, from the F-secure server.

Any ideas ?

Comments

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 669 Firewall Master

Check the trust relationship between the domains. this is a microsoft problem.

Anyway if the clients are already managed you should use policy based installes not push!

BR

• jhc_dk
    jhc_dk Posts: 9 Cyber Knight

Thanks for the reply.

Trusts are fine. No issues there.

I would like to be able to push installs..

Still looking for an answer to this problem

This discussion has been closed.

Categories