To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

PSB IP server list

Options
Chu
Chu W/ Alumni Posts: 49 Junior Protector

Good afternoon!

Do you have the list of IP where PSB use to update the vacines? I have a customer where have a firewall where block all and just release by IP (not release by FQDN or domain), yes I know, his firewall sucks. So if I want his PSB update the vacines, I need the IP´s where F-Secure PSB use to update the vacines.

Best Regards,

Roberto Chu

Comments

• Chu
    Chu W/ Alumni Posts: 49 Junior Protector
    Options

Is the same server where give F-Secure vacines for Client Secure/Server Secure and PSB vacines?

I thought PSB use different base of vacine, once where we cant install Policy Manager Server and PSB Advanced Server Security in the same machine, because they dont work correctly together in the same server.

Best Regards,

Roberto Chu

• etomcat
    etomcat W/ Alumni Posts: 1,172 Firewall Master
    Options

Hello,

In early December I was told to keep PSB endpoint access open towards these addresses:

psbN-bw.sp.f-secure.com / Virus Definitions updates (where N probably equals 1, 2, 3, 4)
    *.orsp.f-secure.com / Online Reputation
    Xml.shavlik.com / Software Updater
    Aspam.sp.f-secure.com / AntiSpam Engine

The numbered IP ranges cannot be fully published, because hackers could then DDoS F-Secure. (Cyber-criminals are really unhappy about the antivirus companies' activity.) Maybe a partial IP range list will be published some time in the future, for those customers who really need to restrict connectivity by numerical defintions.

Yours Sincerely: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

This discussion has been closed.

Categories