To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

E-mail and Server Security 9.20 RC is available

Options
Dmitriy
Dmitriy W/ Alumni Posts: 179 Threat Terminator

More details can be found here

Comments

• tripodzid
    tripodzid MyAccount Posts: 10 Security Scout
    Options

Thanks a lot for sharing the link!! Kudos!

Business is a game!!image

• etomcat
    etomcat W/ Alumni Posts: 1,172 Firewall Master
    Options

Dear Sirs,

Can you please confirm that we are not receiving FSAV ESS 9.20 RTM before March ends? I am a bit saddened.

Can we at least have ESS 9.20 build 581 now, for the Exchange?

Thanks in advance, Sincerely: Tamas Feher from Hungary.

• Dmitriy
    Options

Hi Tamas,

Yes, ESS 9.20 RTM is delayed until the end of March. May I know why you are requesting build 581?

• etomcat
    Options

> May I know why you are requesting build 581?

I found ESS 9.20 build 581 on the F-Secure FTP, but only the Windows Fileserver package, the Exchange part was not included. The customer is not accepting something as old as the late December RC1 (b487) package for a live system.

Anyhow we have this customer who is on the verge of dumping F-Secure because the old FSAV Fileserver 9.00 and FSAV-EXCH 9.10 products suck a big time for him, including compatibility problem with accepting and processing mails sent by a Lotus Notes/Domino server.

It is unthinkable that FSAV ESS 9.20 b487 has been lingering in the RC state for 3 full months now. In prior years 3 month's time went from beta to RC and on to RTM / Gold release. F-Secure is seen abandoning business customers! The FSAV Windows Server 9.00 version is now over 2 years old, sig update breaks frequently and its protection level is pathetic. I am angry and frustrated.

• Dmitriy
    Options

Thanks, it's clear now. I will bring this up to the product manager and development team, and come back to you shortly.

• Dmitriy
    Options

First, please don't use ESS 9.20 build 581 available on our FTP server. It has not been properly signed and thus may cause unexpected problems during product installation and/or operation.

Second, ESS 9.20 RTM is delayed because of the on-going SKU renewal project. We can provide partners with the latest build. However, it should be treated as another release candidate, which will most likely go as RTM if no major problems are found.

For more details, please contact pre-sales engineer(s) responsible for your country.

• etomcat
    Options

Dear Dmitriy,

> ESS 9.20 build 581 has not been properly signed

Yes, I know, I had to use regedit to make PMC accept it.

> Second, ESS 9.20 RTM is delayed because of the on-going SKU renewal project.

If that means another delay, the customer will eat me alive!

> We can provide partners with the latest build

Yes, I need that ASAP!

> please contact pre-sales engineer(s) responsible for your country
    He is Boris Cipot, but I haven't heard from him in the last few weeks, He travels a lot because he is responsible for a large region.
    Thanks in advance, Sincerely:
    Tamas Feher, 2F 2000, Hungary.
This discussion has been closed.