To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Signature verification problem on F-Secure Client Security 9.10

Options
wbdube
wbdube MyAccount Posts: 1 Security Scout

I have an error on one of my client. I get the following error on one of the client that is reporting to a policy manager server : The file C:\Program Files\F-Secure\Common\CommDir\policies\policy.bpf did not pass signature verification.

Comments

• klauzser
    klauzser MyAccount Posts: 12 Security Scout
    Options

I am not sure why this issue has been tagged as it has given a solution. I guess I have to call you guys regarding this directly.

Thanks. image

• Anden
    Anden W/ Alumni Posts: 1 Security Scout
    Options

Seriously,

Isn't there a solution to this? 

This occurs to me as well. I have successfully installed hundreds of clients, but with a couple of clients i have recieved this message.

Oh, and i have not reinstalled PCM.

• Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader
    Options

Hello Anden,

Still, the most probable issue is wrong admin.pub on the client.

So, I would propose to uninstall the product on problematic hosts using uninstalation tool:

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/business_global/support/article/kba/6640/k/uninstallation+tool/p/1

In addition, please, delete

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Data Fellows

or

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Data Fellows

registry (differs for 32-bit and 64-bit OS),

and make sure that you don't have any admin.pub file in F-Secure and/or Windows/User(s) temp folders.

After that repeat the installation providing correct admin.pub (push installation from PMC or MSI is best).

Best regards,

Vad

This discussion has been closed.

Categories