To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Installation message/error

ChristianG
ChristianG Posts: 11 Security Scout

Hi

Im using the F-sec PMC 10 to install Client Security 9.20 on my machines. More recently i get an installation message/error on some machines when im trying to install. The message is " Installation timeout has expired. Installation failed". If I have a look at the client machine, the software is installed and it looks like it´s runing ok.  In my PMC the Installation timeout is set to 900 seconds, and that should be enough time.

Any ideas?

\Christian  

Comments

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 669 Firewall Master

Hi,

what settings did you set in the reboot options?

Please read the release notes carefully "section: known poblems":

“Force restart without asking the user to save open documents” checkbox in “Select restart options” window of Installation Wizard in Policy Manager Consol doesn’t work as expected on Vista and Windows 7 (CTS 81750)

Even if the checkbox is not checked the system will restart irrespective of opened unsaved documents. User changes in such documents can be lost. To avoid this data loss “Ask the user before restarting” option can be chosen.

Maybe that also influences the reply action.

Does the status in PMC still report that that the host is old?

BR

• ChristianG
    ChristianG Posts: 11 Security Scout

Hi

Thanks for the answer.

The PMC reports that the client is updated so it´s´feels more like an "cosmetic" alarm message.

I will have a look at the "Force restart" situation and see if ti makes a different if it´s on or off.

Regards\Christian  

This discussion has been closed.

Categories