To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Show Flyer History?

youngj
youngj Posts: 14 Security Scout

Our Client Security Premium version 11.x clients are not showing any "Show Flyer History".  Is there a spot in Policy Manager Console where I need to turn this on?  Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Vad
    Vad Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello youngj,

Please, clarify, you can't open "Flyer history" window from F-Secure Icon in tray, or you can open it, but it's empty?

As far as i remember we don't have any policy related to flyer history.

Best regards,

Vad

• youngj

Yes, we can open it but there's no Flyer History activity.  Based on your answer, I'm wondering if there's just no activity taking place at all.

We've inherited the system from a network engineer whose left us.  We use F-Secure in tandem with our Microsoft WSUS update server.  I'm uncertain how/when WSUS supercedes F-Secure where updating is concerned.

Is there a best single spot in Policy Manager you can point me to to determine if updating is actively configured?

• Vad

All Software Updater related settings could be found here (this is PMC Advanced mode):

Software_updates.png

Pay attention to settings:

Enable Software Updater, Install security updates automatically, Override WSUS updates.

Best regards,

Vad

• youngj

Thank you.  Very helpful, but I'm discovering a strange difference in our PMC and your's depicted here.

Ours duplicates the Automatic installation sub-categories exactly but for "Override WSUS updates".  It's just not there.  Is our PMC too obsolete at version 11.00.xxxx to include this feature?

• Vad

Yes, it is. I would recommend to upgrade to latest 12 version (both PM and CS).

• youngj

Thanks again.  We'll need to do that soonest.  Meantime with our existing, older PMC, can you advise where/how WSUS vs. F-Secure is being handled?

I still can't explain why no Flyer History activity whatsoever when our PMC is set to "Install security updates automatically = Critical" for an entire domain.  Our other domain on the same system (using a separate WSUS server) does in fact realize a combination of WSUS and F-Security Flyer History activity.

• Vad

Do you have the setting "Notify about installation" turned on? If yes, you should receive Software Updater flyers.

"Override WSUS update" setting default value is "Yes". It is taken in use until you change it. And you should do it from PMC, no other way.

Best regards,

Vad

• youngj

That's the setting I needed!  Thank you; just didn't notice until you pointed it out.

Lastly you might explain what "Override WSUS Updates" actually accomplishes.  In what scenario/duration does it override?

Again, our older PMC lacks this configuration/feature but I assume the same thing is likely happening in the background.  Thanks again for all this help.

• Vad

If "Override WSUS Updates" policy setting is turn on (default value) Software updater installs updates for Microsoft products even if Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) are configured to handle such updates on the target hosts.

Best regards,

Vad

This discussion has been closed.

Categories