To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

No Flyer History or Alert Logs

farmersLSD
farmersLSD Posts: 23 Security Scout

We were have a lot of alerts for various things, so I must have turned something off, but I can't find out how to get them back.  We're having some issues with small data fragments, and we pinned down the offending printer and fixed the issue, but now we're getting similar error, but there is nothing listed in the logs.  I have looked in Flyer History and Settings->Network Connections->Firewall->Show Alert Log...

Should I look somewhere else?  How do I re-enable logging?  I didn't mean to disable, just not show them to everyone.

Comments

• Vad
    Vad Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello farmersLSD,

What product/version do you have?

Best regards,

Vad

• farmersLSD

Sorry

Policy Manager and Server 12.31.79713

Client Security Premium 12.31

• Vad
    Vad Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

If I understand correctly, you are interested specifically in Firewall related events.

In Policy Manager Console on Settings tab >  Advanced view check F-Secure  > F-Secure Internet Shield >

Application control > Report to Administrator;

Alerting > all settings;

User Interface Settings > Pop Up Alerts

policies.

Just in case, check also F-Secure > F-Secure Management Agent > Settings > Alerting > Alert Forwarding table.

Clearing mentioned settings to default levels may help.

Best regards,

Vad

• farmersLSD

It looks like settings were fine.  I'll test today and see what happens.  Thanks for input.

• etomcat
    etomcat Posts: 1,172 Firewall Master

Hello,

> We're having some issues with small data fragments, and we pinned down the offending printer and fixed the issue, but now we're getting similar error, but there is nothing listed in the logs

If you mean the "block IP fragments shorter than xyz bytes [default=128]" then, in the distant past, it used to cause problem with mobile net (GSM) sticks. Sometimes it had to be set to 0 [disabled] to let the computer enjoy net access, but I haven't heard about the same happening during past several years ago.

Best Regards: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

• farmersLSD

That's the setting. The problem it's causing is our imaging solution gets stuck there and won't complete. I changed the setting to 0, but wasn't sure what effect that "really" has on security. What we have done it just postpone install of F-Secure until the imaging is complete. We had originally found the printer and removed NIC, using the onboard JetDirect, which worked, but we're getting the error again. This time, I do not know what printer it is, because nothing is showing in the logs.

This discussion has been closed.

Categories