To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Disable Browsing Protection Toolbar in IE

Options
J-C
J-C W/ Alumni Posts: 46 Security Scout

Hi,

My customer "complains" about the BP toolbar/icon in IE.  Is there a way to disable only the toolbar or will this disable all of BP?  I have tested disabling BP from PMC but the toolbar and icon still shows up in IE.

Regards,
JC

Comments

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp W/ Alumni Posts: 669 Firewall Master
    Options

Yes, disable the toolbar in IE, this will not disable BP, but he will no longer be alerted (while the site is still blocked) and he wil no longer get the checkmarks for search engines

• J-C
    Options

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I apologize for being a bit unclear in my question. What I really wanted to know was if it´s possible to disable BP toolbar centrally using PMC?

My customer has a couple of thousand hosts already installed using an msi package containing BP, and now, afterwards, he does not want this to appear in IE.

I guess this is not possible because it is kind of an add-on and gets "installed in" IE?

Regards,

JC

• J-C
    Options

Hi,

Ok, will look into that. Seems there is no other alt then to use GPO or script.

Thanks for your help! :)

Regards,

JC

This discussion has been closed.

Categories