To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Possible suggestion for Portal about displaying OS build numbers

p1ntsel
p1ntsel W/ Alumni Posts: 5 Security Scout

Hello,

I was thinking - would it be possible to also add the Windows build number to the 'Operating system' column in Computer information category? In the current era, where there are always multiple Win10 builds around, it would be big help for the IT-admins, determining which computers are on which builds and what needs to be upgraded and when (if they use Defer policies of course).

I made a mockup, on how it could ideally show, instead of just the basic Windows versions now:

:

Untitled.jpg

I'm aware, I can see the build number, if I open the individual computers and also when exporting to csv.

But I think, that being able to quickly see all the information about builds, could be very handy tool in the Portal!

Comments

• Sarika_Dogra
    Sarika_Dogra W/ Alumni Posts: 9 W/ Former Staff

Hello,

Thank you so much for the feedback.

Indeed it is convinient to view the info in the listing. Will add it in one of our future portal releases.

Thanks

Sarika Dogra

• p1ntsel
    p1ntsel W/ Alumni Posts: 5 Security Scout

Glad to hear, thanks!

Looking forward to Portal updates then :) 

• IQantum
    IQantum W/ Alumni Posts: 2 Security Scout

Any news on this topic?

The full build numbers are very important for us to.

• Sarika_Dogra
    Sarika_Dogra W/ Alumni Posts: 9 W/ Former Staff

Thanks for the followup. This is now prioritized and should be available in one of the upcoming portal deployment(this month or early June)

• IQantum
    IQantum W/ Alumni Posts: 2 Security Scout

Thanks in advance , that would make things much easier!

This discussion has been closed.