To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

PSB Computer Protection blocking Cyberquery reports

Tercel
Tercel W/ Alumni Posts: 8 Security Scout

We ran into a tricky problem. We have a Win10 machine where F-Secure PSB Computer Protection 12.01  is installed. On this client the user has issues running a couple of reports in CyberQuery. These queries are more complex than most other reports created on eCQ. These are using an eCQ version of macro and we found out that F-Secure is blocking this type of code from running. When we kill F-Secure with 'net stop' command, the reports gets completed. So is there any way to configure the PSB to allow this type of legitimate activity to run without killing /uninstalling F-Secure? Thanks for your help! 

Comments

• fedool
    fedool W/ Staff, W/ Article Coordinator Posts: 162 W/ Staff

Do you know which F-Secure component blocks this activity? Is it DeepGuard or Web traffic scanning etc?

Then you could add exclusions for this component to allow your application.

• Tercel

Hi Fedool and thanks for your reply. No, at this point I have no idea which component is blocking it. Maybe I just need to disable these components one by one and to find out which one of them is making reports life difficult. 

• fedool
    fedool W/ Staff, W/ Article Coordinator Posts: 162 W/ Staff

Yes, that sounds like a good idea.

After you figure out which component affects it - add exclusions for this component and it should help.

• Tercel

Thanks for previous replies! Seems like I've forgot to come back and report the results. I found out, that it was a firewall setting 'Advanced network protection' which prevented CyberQuery to run. Turned off this feature on the target machine and the report was ran without problems. I think this problem can be 'fixed' with a profile, where this feature is turned off, and assing it to the machines running CyberQuery. Or do you see, that turning this feature off could cause a high risk or something like that? 

• Tercel
    Ok, found the setting. I believe this will bring the help. Thank you fedool!
This discussion has been closed.