To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

How to filter or exclude particular malware names from the Infections list in the F-Secure PSB webpo

Options
etomcat
etomcat W/ Alumni Posts: 1,172 Firewall Master

Dear Sirs,

Is it possible to enter the F-Secure PSB portal (SoP account) web interface, visit the Reports page / Infections list and click on a malware name there and somehow select or set that I don't want to see any further alerts with a particular malware name? For example I wish I would not see any more alerts in the web interface for "Application.Hacktool.KMSActivator" detections.

(Apparently many of the hungarian schools are using a "pirate" method called "KMS Pico" to activate Windows, despite actually having access to valid, free to use Microsoft licences via a publicly funded programme... F-Secure PSB detects the KMS as a hacking tool. I cannot do anything about that situation, since I'm not the schools' syasmin and don't even have working contact info to many of the end users.)

Yet, I don't want to see those alerts about KMS, because there are a myriad of them and they clog the PSB web interface, drowning out the actual security incident alerts from view, which is a potentially dangerous situation. I think it is too cumbersome to e-mail a summary list from the web interface and filter that ex post facto in Excel or similar, all the time.

Thanks for your kind attention, Yours Sincerely: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

This discussion has been closed.