To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

PSB won't install all components on Win10 Lenovo Laptop

TEnebo
TEnebo W/ Alumni Posts: 5 Security Scout

I have two new laptops with Win10 (came with McAfee preinstalled). I download and install F-Secure from Comcast Business and it fails to install Internet Shield, Real-time email scanning with no "reason" given. The install DOES remove McAfee. Comcast and F-Secure are ZERO help in solving the problem. Any ideas? Thanks!

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko W/ Alumni Posts: 39 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello,

I'm only F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Maybe one option is to try McAfee own "removal tool":

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview?articleId=TS101331

McAfee MCPR

With my 'home' laptops and preinstalled McAfee it was useful (multiple times).

Thanks!

• TEnebo
    Thank you for the suggestion. Since McAfee was already uninstalled, I downloaded their tool and ran it anyway, it didn't help Smiley Sad
  • Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello TEnebo,

What is the F-Secure product/version, which is failing. Is it Computer Protection or Workstation Security?

Most likely we will need diagnostic information collected from your machine for identifying the root.

Best regards,

Vad

• TEnebo

The version is the latest download from Comcast Business: PSB Workstation 12.01. I would love for someone to help troubleshoot as I am just getting the run around from both Comcast and FSecure support... nobody has done anything in two weeks to actually look at the problem. They just keep telling me I have to call the other and doing nothing to resolve. Appreciate any help you can provide!

• Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello TEnebo,

We need diagnostic information from one of affected machines for analysis.

Best regards,

Vad

• TEnebo

Thanks. I was finally able to get Comcast and F-Secure support to open a ticket and am on the phone with Fseure support right now. Fingers crossed they can figure it out. Appreciate you stepping in here! I will post the resolution when we have it!

• TEnebo

Still no resolution. I have gone into "engineering blackhole".... this is pretty silly at this point. 

This discussion has been closed.