To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Network Installation Does Not Work

RobM
RobM W/ Alumni Posts: 11 Security Scout

I followed these instructions exactly with the exception that I set the GPO to publish rather than to assign the installation:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Business/Remote-installation-of-Computer/ta-p/102154

I want the install to be available on the network but not to install automatically just yet. When I try to install I get a message stating that the installer executed successfully but the actual installation never occurs and the product is not installed. What do I have to do to generate a working MSI??

Comments

• fedool
    fedool W/ Staff, W/ Article Coordinator Posts: 162 W/ Staff

Hello,

If GPO reports that installation was complete, then I assume MSI was executed on target machine?

Did you get any logs in c:\programdata\F-Secure\Log folder? You can start checking issue from there.

You can also check GPO deployment log on the device and msi installation logs and windows event logs - maybe they have some information?

This discussion has been closed.