To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

PSB Rest API Question

Rec_OlliE
Rec_OlliE W/ Alumni Posts: 14 Security Scout

Greetings guys!

I'm currently working on a service that checks our customers overall status on F-secure and checks if they need attention. 

Service gets all our customers computers from psb api and parses them through checking various properties under different categories.

The problem im facing that it takes increeeeeeedibly long to fetch those 4500-5000 computers from your API before I can start the parsing.

Is it normal that the API handles 23-25 requests in 260-300seconds? I feel like thats absurd.

And this is just for one category of computers.

Then I would need to make same 23-25 request for every category I need to check.

I could maybe make that faster with some parallel/async work making those requests in batches, but your API doesnt give the maximum amount of pages some endpoint has.

For example, would be nice if the pagination element would have property "lastPage: 25"

With that I could create batches for example 5 requests simultaneously to the API and wouldn't have to wait for the previous request to return to get the "hasMoreElements" property.

Sincerely,

Olli Elolähde

Receptum Oy

Comments

• Rec_OlliE
    Rec_OlliE W/ Alumni Posts: 14 Security Scout

Thanks Milka for the response!

Thanks for creating a ticket for the long response times.

Yeah, I've set the perPage to "max" which should be 200 if the manuals are correct :)

That statistics page sounds like an awesome plan, I'll try to look into that and create some async batch action to get this going faster!

Cheers again Milka and I'm looking forward to that report which would then list all the computers to a JSON!

Have a nice rest of the week!

This discussion has been closed.