To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Deploying Computer Protection with Intune

Options
Neoito
Neoito W/ Alumni Posts: 2 Security Scout

So I've seen the thread here and followed the isntructions here but I feel like I must be missing a step. When using the MSI file I create to install it still asks for a license key when you run Computer Protection. There is no way I'm aware of that you can use a .MST file with Intune. 

Any enlightenment/pointing out of me missing the obvious would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader
    Options

Hello Neoito,

Seems you are asking in a wrong place. Please, ask here: https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Protection/bd-p/PSB.

Best regards,

Vad

• kiryvl
    kiryvl W/ Alumni Posts: 4 Security Scout
    Options

According to this docs

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/lob-apps-windows

Microsoft Intune supports passing command-line arguments to MSI package:

"Command-line arguments: Optionally, enter any command-line arguments that you want to apply to the .msi file when it runs. An example is /q."

Given that the simplest way to provide the license key might be via command-line.

Please specify the following arguments for MSI:

VOUCHER=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX /qb

where "XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX" should be replaced with your actual license key code.

"/qb" option will enable silent installation.

• Neoito
    Neoito W/ Alumni Posts: 2 Security Scout
    Options

Thanks for the reply!

I have tried this and Computer Protection does install but upon launching is for a license key. I've also tried the new Win32 app method with a transformation file but just get a "failed to install" message. I do love a good helpful error from Microsoft!

• kiryvl
    kiryvl W/ Alumni Posts: 4 Security Scout
    Options
    Neoito, please share the SECL.log file located in C:\ProgramData\F-Secure\Log\SECL with me via a private message.
    It should contain the information why license wasn't applied.
This discussion has been closed.