To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

F-Secure PSB Workstation Security installation fails with error code 18

krinkrin
krinkrin W/ Alumni Posts: 1 Security Scout

F-Secure PSB Workstation Security 13.X installation fails at Windows 7 x64 OS. F-Secure PSB main exe setup doesn't even return error code back, it just runs about 5 seconds, then exits and returns code 0 aka success.  When opening another log file in C:\Windows directory (cannot remember the exact file name because atm I don't have access to this system. I can post it later) I can see that the installation failed with error code 18. Can someone tell me what is this error code 18? Couldn't find any documentation. 

Comments

• fedool
    fedool W/ Staff, W/ Article Coordinator Posts: 162 W/ Staff

Hello,

You probably mean Workstation Security 12.X? Please gather logs and send them as private message so we can investigate.

Please also consider switching to use Computer Protection - our latest protection client.

• SergeH
    SergeH W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Product Leadership, W/ Article Coordinator Posts: 45 W/ Product Leadership

And just to add that the computer protection client runs with the same license key than the workstation security. So you just need to download the installer from PSB portal.

Note : The Workstation security is end of life on the 31st of March.

Regards, Serge

This discussion has been closed.