To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Antivirus deleteing teamviewer .exe file cannot exclude.

Options
Deang
Deang W/ Alumni Posts: 8 Security Scout

Hello,

here is my problem. Our client has a bussiness app, and support for that app uses teamviewer version 6.

They have it posten on their website for clients to download. 

Clients employees ofcourse redownload the exe everytime (because shortcust dont exist i guess). But even with that i have a weird one.

Antivirus always deletes the file. And i mean always, i added exclusion for wildcard include string, i added exclusion for folder pats (system variable for downloads folder). Nothing worked on version 13.00 policy manager.

I upgraded to v 14.20 because i know there were so changes to exclusions. Added a hash of the exe file, excluded for all and still blocking.

So what more can i do to get this old program to work??? Yeah employees redownload it every time and i dont want to go explain to everyone how to use a computer so gotta make this happen somehow.

Thank you for help.

Regards, Dejan

Comments

• Deang
    Deang W/ Alumni Posts: 8 Security Scout
    Options

hello, thank you for your reply, i have supplied the sample .exe file for testing.

Regards

Dejan

• Kimmo13
    Kimmo13 W/ Alumni Posts: 1 Junior Protector
    Options

Hello,

I'm very interested about what is the conclusion of this thread ?

False positive or not ?

This discussion has been closed.