To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Linux Protection compatibility with Postfix/Mailscanner on CentOS

christsiav
christsiav W/ Alumni Posts: 2 Security Scout

Hello,

I have a mail server running on a centos machine with postfix/mailscanner and f-secure as an antivirus engine. Up until now i had no problems using Linux Security product from f-secure ver 11.10 and emails get scanned for viruses and other malicious code. Yesterday I upgraded f-secure to Linux Protection as linux security is end of life support. But i noticed that the integration with mailscanner does not work anymore. Mailscanner has not been updated to reflect the changes associated with the new version of f-secure. F-secure linux protection is a completely new product. I tried to modify the wrapper script of mailscanner (f-secure-wrapper) to include fsanalyze executable (as fsav does not exist anymore) but with no success.

Is there a workaround or a compatibility option with the old version (fsav) i can write to the command line for mailscanner to work?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• JamesC
    JamesC W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 498 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi christsiav

Are you using a script to run Linux Security version 11's fsav tool to scan emails ?

Please note that now with Linux Security 64, fsav is no longer available but fsanalyze is provided instead so that script doesn't work anymore.

We suggest to open a support case (https://www.f-secure.com/en/business/support-and-downloads/support-request) and explain how you have been using fsav and we could check if fsanalyze could be used instead of fsav in your use case.

Answers

• freyuh
    freyuh W/ Alumni Posts: 5 Security Scout

Can you please provide the new script (f-secure-wrapper) for the new program (fsanalyze)?

I have the same problem ...

• christsiav
    christsiav W/ Alumni Posts: 2 Security Scout

Hello,

Please look at issue 521 on github repo for MailScanner/v5. I have submitted a request. Unfortunately i cannot post links.

• JamesC
    JamesC W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 498 Moderator

Hi,

As Mailscanner is 3rd party software, It seems the open source community is already handling the first case in https://github.com/MailScanner/v5/issues/521

This discussion has been closed.