To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Policy Manager: Software Updater Reports

SDavis
SDavis W/ Member Posts: 8 Junior Protector
edited February 2021 in WithSecure Business Suite

Hi, Everyone!

I'm having problems getting the kind of reports I expect out of the software updater. Things such as; can I easily report "by host" rather than "by update"..

I have searched through the support site. Looks like not much attention is going on with this. Notification emails; I'm seeing an API may be available, SQL syntax --

So here's my question to the community; in light of underwhelming reporting -- what are you folks doing for software updater reports? Praying that the tool is working as advertised and ignoring reporting? Writing your own reports somehow? Waiting for a future release?

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply!

Best Answer

• A_Grinkevitch
    A_Grinkevitch W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Product Leadership Posts: 169 W/ Product Leadership
    Solved

Hi, SDavis,

It fully depends on your needs. Web reporting has 4 default reports:

• Newly discovered software updates
    • Top missing security updates
    • All missing updates
    • Installed software updates

In addition to that using the Policy Manager Console you can create Data Mining queries and publish them as custom reports for the Web reporting.

Regards,

Alex

Answers

• MonikaL
    MonikaL W/ Alumni Posts: 206 W/ Former Staff

Hi,

I have highlighted your inquiry to the respective team, and will update you as soon as I hear back from them.

This discussion has been closed.