To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Client Security Upgrade from 14.10 to 15.11 failed

Avaya
Avaya W/ Alumni Posts: 5 Security Scout

All the Windows clients are running 14.10 and there is no connectivity problem with Policy Manager Console (running version 15.11) so far, at least their AV definition are up-to-date.

When I upgraded them through Policy-based installations, all failed with "Failed: download interrupted". Can someone advise what I can troubleshoot further please?

Best Answer

• Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader
    Solved

Download interrupted in most cases means that a part of product installer package was downloaded.

So, most likely the issue is not related to missing TCP/UDP connection tuning.

Hard to say more without diagnostic information from affected machines.

Best regards,

Vad

Answers

• Vad
    Vad W/ Alumni Posts: 1,069 Cybercrime Crusader

Hello Avaya,

This fail indicates some network issue happened while the client is downloading the installer from PM Server.

You can try to do one more attempt. If the installation will fail again, we will need diagnostic information from Policy Manager, and affected client(s) for investigation.

Best regards,

Vad

• Avaya

Thank you Vad for your response!

Provided that the clients are able to download AV definition updates, is there any additional TCP/UDP connection required for downloading installer?

• Avaya

Thanks Vad. Probably I will open a TAC case for further investigation.

This discussion has been closed.