To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

V12 Client Security no longer receiving updated definitions

DavidCES
DavidCES W/ Member Posts: 27 Cyber Knight
edited March 2023 in WithSecure Business Suite

Hi,

Our V12 Client Security installations are no longer receiving updated definitions. I guess they are fairly old now so perhaps I should expect this, but can anyone confirm if this should be happening?

Best Answer

• AndyF_PM
    AndyF_PM W/ Staff, W/ Article Coordinator Posts: 1 Security Scout
    Answer ✓

WithSecure (formerly F-Secure Business) has officially stopped delivering updates for 12.x series Windows clients and older.

These products are already out of support, and used a completely different scanning technology to versions 13.x and newer. As such, maintaining these older updates was costing WithSecure a non-trivial amount of money every month.

This change was communicated in advance to our Partners, and they should have informed their customer base.

WithSecure reserves the right to stop providing updates for any product that has already reached end of life (end of support), but we do generally provide updates for a short period of time after this point has been reached.

Partners can (and do) received email notification of such changes, but for end customers we advise to monitor https://www.withsecure.com/en/support/product-lifecycle-announcements which is updated appropriately (and in advance)

Answers

• DavidCES

V11 also seemingly affected.

• JamesC
    JamesC W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 498 Moderator
  • DavidCES

Yes I will, but so are v13 and 14 but they still work. It'd be nice to know officially if there will be no more definitions for certain versions.

• JamesC
    JamesC W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 498 Moderator

Hi David,

We do not guarantee the updates being delivered for End-of-Life (EoL) versions, especially when EoL happened in 2018

• DavidCES

Yes I understand but was just looking for confirmation. I expect someone at FSecure knows exactly what works and what doesnt. Is there somewhere I can sign up for email alerts for announcements of such things? I find the current tech trend of short lifecycles quite annoying. Sysadmins have better things to do than to be constantly updating things.

This discussion has been closed.