To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

F-Secure ESS Fqm does not start

Options
Neelix
Neelix W/ Member Posts: 6 Cyber Knight
edited August 2023 in WithSecure Business Suite

Hello,

I'm trying to install F-Secure Mail and Server Security 15.10 on Server 2002 with Exchange 2019 CU12.

Everything works fine until the services get started. Then I get:

I've checked the local securiy policy and the service account has the right to "logon as service".

Why is it failing? Where can I find helpful logs?`

Thx,

Klaus

@Mod: I cannot select any category. Please move to the right one.

Answers

• LiselotteP
    LiselotteP W/ Staff, W/ Community Manager Posts: 271 Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Neelix, I apologize for the inconvenience, your question has been retrieved from the spam queue and we will respond within the next 12 hours.

• JamesC
    JamesC W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 509 Moderator
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi @Neelix ,

Thank you for reaching out to WithSecure community.

This problem is most probably caused by lack of connectivity to this URL from SYSTEM account:

http://ocsp.digicert.com/MFEwTzBNMEswSTAJBgUrDgMCGgUABBTfqhLjKLEJQZPin0KCzkdAQpVYowQUsT7DaQP4v0cB1JgmGggC72NkK8MCEAPxtOFfOoLxFJZ4s9fYR1w%3D

As a workaround you can try this:

Run installation until the error "Service 'F-Secure Quarantine Manager for Microsoft Exchange' ..." is shown

Rename C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure\Email and Server Security\Anti-Virus For Microsoft Services\F-Secure.Ess.Fqm.exe.config to F-Secure.Ess.Fqm.exe.config.old

Copy updated F-Secure.Ess.Fqm.exe.config (attached) to C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure\Email and Server Security\Anti-Virus For Microsoft Services\

Press "Retry" button to start service again and see if it helps.

Note: if "Service ... failed to start" error is still shown please notice if the name of the service is still "Quarantine Manager" or different. It's possible that the other services will experience the same issue after it's fixed for the Quarantine Manager service. In this case I will attach config files for the other services.

• Neelix
    Neelix W/ Member Posts: 6 Cyber Knight
    Options

Hello,

I cannot see any attached file.

Neelix

• JamesC
    JamesC W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 509 Moderator
    Options

Hi @Neelix just sent the file to your email. Let's continue from the case via email.