To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

False positive not been whitelisted

Options
DavidCES
DavidCES W/ Member Posts: 27 Cyber Knight
edited June 2023 in Community Talk

I submitted a sample of a false positive over a month ago, a file that
F-Secure is detecting as a virus. It is from an installer of a
legitimate software (Matlab). I have phoned and emailed and it is still
not whitelisted. Can anybody here help?

Number: 0XXXXXX

Clients using F-Secure Client Security. Been told to post here.

Edit:PII

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sethu Laks
    Sethu Laks W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 221 Moderator
    Solved
    Options

Hi @DavidCES

We appreciate your prompt submission of the sample and for providing us with the latest reference number. We have successfully located the ticket associated with this number 05XXXX67 and forwarded your request to our respective team for further processing.

We assure you that our team will respond to your request in a timely manner. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thanks

Sethu

Answers

• Sethu Laks
    Options

Hi @DavidCES

Thank you for contacting WithSecure Community,

It seems that the support ticket reference number you have provided, 00XXXX58, was closed on May 15th, 2014. However, we are unable to investigate the issue further with this outdated reference number.

To ensure that we can provide prompt assistance and resolve your concerns in a timely manner, could you please provide us with the correct and up-to-date reference number for your support ticket? With this information, I will be able to escalate the matter to our respective team immediately and expedite their investigation into your concern.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We look forward to resolving this issue as quickly as possible so that we can continue providing you with high-quality service.

Thanks

Sethu

• DavidCES
    Options

I got the email with the number in on 5th May 2023

Number: 00191358
    Created: 20230505
    Subject: False positive

• Sethu Laks
    Options

Hi @DavidCES

Thanks again for your response with details, we regret to inform you that we were unable to locate any recent submissions associated with the provided ticket number.

Alternatively, upon searching your email address (d.XXXXX@ucl.ac.uk) in our internal system, it appears that you have submitted multiple false positive tickets previously via the F-Secure SAS page here.

Please be aware that as of now, F-Secure and WithSecure are two separate companies and therefore any concerns or inquiries regarding the aforementioned tickets should be directed to their support team.

If you have recently submitted any samples via the F-Secure SAS page and require support regarding them, we recommend contacting the F-Secure Support channel directly here. They will be better equipped to assist with any concerns or issues related to their services.

Thanks

Sethu

• DavidCES
    Options

The F-Secure community told me to post on the Withsecure forum. The downloads for F-Secure Client security are on the withsecure website. This is confusing.

• Sethu Laks
    Options

Hi @DavidCES

Certainly, we can confirm that F-Secure Client Security is one of our products under the Business Suites category. We kindly request that you resubmit the sample through WithSecure https://www.withsecure.com/en/support/contact-support/submit-a-sample and provide us the new ticket number for further processing.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Thanks

Sethu

• DavidCES
    edited June 2023
    Options

Right, so I submitted the sample on the wrong website? I've resubmitted now via your link, thanks.

05XXXX67

Edited:PII