To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

VMware Horizon non persistent vdi

Options
wesley
wesley W/ Member Posts: 4 Security Scout

Hello,

We are rolling out WithSecure EPP to our devices and im currently working on our VDI's.

We got the following subscriptions in our portal:

• WithSecure Elements EDR and EPP for Computers Premium
  • WithSecure Elements EDR and EPP for Servers Premium

When we bought we also bought 190 "F-Secure Elements EPP for Remote Desktop Environments - co-term" for our VDI's

Our golden image i installed the EPP the following way and used our "WithSecure Elements EDR and EPP for Computers Premium" from the portal:

<tool_folder>\installer.exe --use_ad_guid

At the end before shutting down i put in the following command:

"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\F-Secure\PSB\fs_oneclient_logout.exe" --nokeycode

I created a scheduled task that starts when starting the VDI:

"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\F-Secure\PSB\fs_oneclient_logout.exe"
--keycode "WithSecure Elements EDR and EPP for Computers Premium key code"

Now when my instant clones VDI's are starting up they are in the portal but they are consuming and of our Computer Premium licenses.

When we bought our licenses, inclusing the 190 RDP / VDI, licenses they told us this shouldnt happen.

How come our Computer Premium licenses are counting down and how can we fix this so it doesnt cost a license like they said when we bought everyting?

Imo there should be 190 licenses RDP / VDI licenses in our portal and i need to use that key for installation.

Comments

• Sethu Laks
    Sethu Laks W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 221 Moderator
    Options

Hi @wesley

Thank you for reaching out to the WithSecure Community. We apologize for the delayed response.

We do have the installation steps documented to support persistent deployment on Citrix and VMware Horizon. Refer to this page for more information.

However, for non-persistent VDI environments that do not retain the SMBIOS GUID, it's necessary to release the subscription every time a VDI shuts down. At the moment, one potential workaround is to utilize the automatic removal feature, which deletes inactive devices to free up subscription usage. Refer to this page to know more.

If the above workaround does not fully address your needs, we encourage you to submit a feature request directly through the Elements Security Center. You can do this by clicking on your Profile logo in the top right corner and selecting "My Feedback." This will redirect you to where you can enter and submit your ideas or suggestions https://ideas.withsecure.com/ . The product team monitors the Ideas portal for new feature requests, so it is a great way to have your voice heard and impact future product enhancements.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Best regards,
    Sethu
    Community Moderator | Technical Support Engineer
    WithSecure™ https://www.withsecure.com/en/home