To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

WithSecure Browsing Protection bug?

Options
Jukka
Jukka W/ Member Posts: 15 Junior Protector

I've done some testing and it seems that, when using google search with Chrome, icons that shows if the page are safe or not, aren't working. Browsing protection itself works fine.

Tested with Chrome, Edge and Firefox and with google and bing.Chrome with google was only compination that doesn't work.

Answers

• JamesC
    JamesC W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 509 Moderator
    Options

Hi @Jukka thank you for reaching to WithSecure community.

Do you have a screenshot of what is not working ? Is the icon not showing green or is it showing a question mark icon ?

• Jukka
    Options

It always happens with google search, not bing and it seems to be quite random. There was three of us testing and all of us had problem on different browser. It was either Chrome, Edge or Firefox with google search. Sometimes it works partially like in second picture. Sometimes it works on first browser tab, but not in new tabs.

• JamesC
    Options

Hi @Jukka ,

Thank you for the reply.

Can you please share which Business Suite product and version so I can try reproduce the issue ?

• Jukka
    Options

WithSecure Client Security Premium 16.0.8376.0

• JamesC
    Options

Hi @Jukka ,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

I have check with our product team and they acknowledge this is indeed a bug.

We are now working towards a fix and shall update you.

• Jukka
    Options

No probs. There was update for Edge today and after that, it stopped working with google search too.

• JamesC
    Options

Hi @Jukka ,

Appreciate your patience.

May I know what version of Chrome you have installed ? The issue does not reproduce on Chrome Version 118.0.5993.96 (Official Build) (arm64)

• Jukka
    edited November 2023
    Options

Chrome on ajan tasalla Versio 119.0.6045.106 (Virallinen koontiversio) (64-bittinen)

Translation to English from @LiselotteP : Chrome is up to date Version 119.0.6045.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• JamesC
    Options

Hi @Jukka ,

Thank you for confirming the issue is reproducible on latest Chrome version.

I have opened a support case for you and we shall continue communication from there.