To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

How can I push a Malware Definition update to stations that show Old definitions?

MikeLeger
MikeLeger Member Posts: 8 Junior Protector
edited October 15 in General Discussion

A few of us started digging around and could not figure it out, we are using the web portal and we can schedule automated tasks for windows updates, and even push windows updates but we can't seem to find anywhere that lets us pus the Definition to update or schedule that.

I'd hate to have techs start reaching out to end users for something this simple, we have to be missing something on the website.

Best Answer

• Sethu Laks
    Sethu Laks Staff, Moderator Posts: 274 W/ Moderator
    Solved

Hi @MikeLeger

You are welcome! and thanks for providing us with the screenshot.

Could you please confirm if both Mac machines are running macOS 14 "Sonoma"? if yes, it's known issue that you can refer more information here.

Best regards,
    Sethu
    Community Moderator | Technical Support Engineer
    WithSecure™  https://www.withsecure.com/en/home

Answers

• Sethu Laks

Hi @MikeLeger

Thank you for reaching out to the WithSecure Community! We appreciate your inquiry.

Our Business Suites and Elements Endpoint Protection Solution, we have released multiple Capricorn releases to the channel on a daily basis. Also, there are some other updates (Hydra, Virgo, etc.) released to the channel too. You can check the frequency of these updates from the link here.

Please take note there is no settings or option to control the virus definition database updates and it is pushed by default since AUA (Automatic Update Agent) will always download and install the definitions update automatically. Not having latest definitions update in place would lower the overall protection level.

However, for Endpoint Protection Solution, we want to emphasize that the Automated tasks in the Elements portal, specifically the "Allow WithSecure Elements Agent update" task type, only support updates for OneClient. These updates are typically released every 1-2 months for Windows. For more specific information about the changes, you can refer to the release change logs provided here.

If you are using our business security products, you have the option to directly raise a feature request for Schedule Virus Definition database updates through our Elements Security Center. Simply click on the Profile logo (located in the top right corner) and select "My Feedback" to submit your idea. This will redirect you to the Self-Service Portal.

Thank you for your understanding, and please stay tuned for further updates!

Best regards,
    Sethu
    WithSecure™ https://www.withsecure.com/en/home

• MikeLeger

Morning Sethu, that seems to make sense.

If its controlled automatically why would there be a old definition, and why would it last more than a few days?

I'm more wanting to figure out how i troubleshoot this and what steps me and my team should take next without having to reach out to the end user.

(both are mac users, not sure if that matters.)

• MikeLeger

Yup. 14.1.1 there we go; problem solved!

• Robin_Udacity
    Robin_Udacity Member Posts: 1 Security Scout

we see this on our Sonoma 14.4.1 clients. HOW DO YOU FIX IT?

This shows some work, some don't, the first date is the last malware definitions database update date and the second is the database version. We also have some reporting in today that are green and there is no definitions database update date and database versions range from 2022-06-24_01 to 2024-02-16_01, How can that happen?

• Sethu Laks

Hi @Robin_Udacity

Thank you for sharing the screenshot. It seems that we need to analyze the logs before consulting our backend team. Therefore, we recommend reaching out to the Support team for further investigation.

Best regards,
    Sethu
    WithSecure™  https://community.withsecure.com/home/leaving?allowTrusted=1&target=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.withsecure.com%2Fen%2Fhome

This discussion has been closed.

Categories