To stay updated on your favorite discussions, please create an account or log in. Then, click the Bookmark icon to subscribe and receive notifications.

Windows Client Security is unable to download policy

Options
Qzniak
Qzniak W/ Member Posts: 2 Security Scout
edited January 16 in WithSecure Business Suite

Hi,

I have already installed the Client on several machines and everything works just fine, but on one machine i've encountered a problem. After installing, UI is stuck on:

Client downloads and installs updates normally from policy manager:

log file "fs_pm_support.u.log" is full of this "Failed to update CCR token: Type: fs::ComException, Reason: Failed to advance enumerator."

Best Answer

• Sethu Laks
    Sethu Laks W/ Partner, W/ Staff, W/ Moderator Posts: 221 Moderator
    Solved
    Options

Hi @Qzniak

Thank you for reaching out the WithSecure Community,

Based on the information provided, it is possible that the issue you are experiencing is related to the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI).

To address this problem, we recommend trying a workaround solution by running the resetuid.exe tool. This tool allows you to change the UID type to a random UID. You can find detailed instructions on how to use this tool in the following community article:How Can I Reset the Host UID for WithSecure Server/Security Client Security 15.x?

Please follow the instructions provided in the article and let us know if it resolves the issue for you. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to ask. We are here to assist you.

Best regards,
    Sethu
    Community Moderator | Technical Support Engineer
    WithSecure™ https://www.withsecure.com/en/home